Thursday, July 2, 2015

Lawn Chair Gardening

7/2/2015

I know you're probably scratching your head to try and figure out what I'm talking about.  Trust me, I'll put you out of your misery!

Those of you who know me also know that my legs and back give me trouble when standing or walking.  But, I didn't let a little thing like pain keep me from planting my two new plants.  I pulled over a plastic Adirondack chair (much cheaper to own and doesn't ever need painting) to where I wanted the new plants.

The new plants are small, especially picked because of their size.  To dig a large hole is a lot of work, but a small hole I can manage.  I grab my shovel which was made for children, but is ideal for me.  I do stand to start the hole.  But after I've got some depth to the hole, I sit in my chair and use my little shovel to dig out more dirt.  Really this is easy to do with a little shovel, would be probably impossible with a "real" shovel.

Once I've got the hole deep enough, more or less, I take my new plant and plop it into the hole.  Once the plant is in the hole I know immediately whether I need to dig a deeper hole.  If the plant fits, the rest of the work is a piece of cake.

Still sitting in my chair, I start pulling the discarded dirt from the hole, back to cover up the new plant.  Once I'm satisfied that I've adequately covered up the plant with dirt, I then stand up and press down on the new plant before watering.

After I'm finished watering the new plants, I return both my tiny shovel and plastic chair to the patio, so that they'll be ready for the next time!

P

Image result for picture of new plants


 Ames True Temper Real Tools For Kids Round Point Shovel With 36-Inch Handle KSM (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...