Sunday, July 26, 2015

Brain Games

7/26/2015

After my medical mishaps in 2013, I now have some short term memory issues.  One of the problems is that when I'm asked to do something - I agree - and then promptly forget!  This is as frustrating for me as it is for Jeff.

I have been making a conscious effort since I came home in 2013, to try and improve my brain.  I don't even know if that's possible, but I figure I have nothing to lose.  By playing games that require thinking, I know I can't make my memory worse - who knows it might even improve.

Jeff and I watch Jeopardy at night.  Sometimes I know the answer in my head, and unfortunately that's where it stays.  I do admire the players on Jeopardy, because they seem to know the answers to questions that leave me clueless.

Family Feud is another game I enjoy.  Again, I try and come up with the top "x" answers to the question, and sometimes I even guess the right answer.  Another good reason to watch Family Feud is because Steve Harvey is very funny.

I play Words with Friends, but generally can only come up with a two or three word, compared to the other players who produce lengthy words worth lots of points.  I do my best, but anyone who plays Words with Friends with me, is in no danger of me taking over the game!

I have also discovered Jigsaw World on Facebook.  I spend a lot of time thinking about where pieces should go in the puzzle.  It takes me hours to finish a puzzle, even the small ones of less than 200 pieces.  Other people who have put together the same jigsaw, post their times - in minutes - not hours.  I don't bother to post my time, it's good enough that I can finish the puzzle in the first place. 

Since I've been in recovery so to speak, for two years, and since my memory isn't as good as it once was, I suspect that I'm as good as I'm going to get.  Note to self: there is a reaction to any action, whether it be good or bad.  In my case, the reaction to my actions of 2013 is my memory.  This is something that I need to accept because I have nobody else to blame, but myself.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...