Friday, July 24, 2015

Getting Turned Around

7/23/2015

Today, I went to have an EKG test done so that the surgeon knows I have a healthy heart before surgery.  I went to one of those walk-in clinics that says they do EKG tests, but after waiting 30 minutes, they came out and said they didn't do a 12 lead EKG - I have no idea what that means, but at least they didn't charge me.

I went to the local hospital and had to get out of my car to get the stupid little ticket.  I went into the hospital and had the EKG done and initially decided that I would walk to my doctor's office.  It' was pretty hot outside, and I had on sandals rather than tennis shoes.  While my doctor's office is in the next building - it's a very long walk to that building.  After wearing myself out trying to walk to the office building, I headed back to get the car.

Trouble was I was pretty worn out by the time I got back to the parking lot.  There are many parking lots around the hospital, and I headed off in the direction where I thought I had parked.  But I was wrong, so I went to yet another parking lot and still couldn't find my car.  There is nothing quite as terrifying to me, as not knowing where I left my car.  Maybe because of my somewhat damaged mental state, I can begin to panic quickly.

I eventually found my car and once I turned on the a/c to max, and sat for a few minutes, I was alright.  I then drove over to the doctor's office, which as it turns out, would have been too far for me to walk to anyway.  Got all the required test results in the hands of the doctor's assistant and went back to my car (which I remembered where I parked it) and came home - exhausted and shaky.

I was upset by the time I got home, so I wrote to Jeff to tell him about my morning had been.  His reply back to me was like receiving a hug.  He told me to relax, take a Xanax and watch some mindless television until I had unwound.  I followed his suggestions and by the middle of the afternoon, was feeling much better.  There are not enough words to express how thankful I am that Jeff takes such good care of me - I know at times it isn't easy!

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...