Sunday, July 12, 2015

Yellow Plastic

7/12/2015

Ever noticed while looking around your house at the number of plastic things you own that have turned yellow?  No?  Let me tell you about some of the things I've got that are "aging" in my house.

The radio in the kitchen, where part of it used to be white is now yellow.  The receptacle for falling ice in the refrigerator is now yellow.  I went online to look for an answer and found one.  Unfortunately, the answer is really long and full of words I can hardly spell and would never be able to pronounce!

The internet tells me that for old computers and consoles the culprit is flame retardants.  Who knew?  It appears that there are four main ways to remove the yellow, and the methods are: bleach, sanding, comet and peroxide.  If you want to venture into cleaning up your yellowing plastics, you can find the "how to" on the internet.  Or, you can accept that things just turn yellow with age.  After all, most of us turn gray at some point in our lives.

I tend to not let the yellow get to me.  There are enough other things that I can worry about, and letting plastic age is not on my worry list.  And, for the record, neither is my hair turning gray, it's part of life.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...