Sunday, January 29, 2017

Catch-Up Sunday

1/29/2017

You may, and I hope you did, miss me yesterday.  I didn't blog yesterday, not because I didn't have anything to say, but because of a day full of an event and running errands.  

Yesterday, Jeff and I went to see Benjamin in the play "Princess and the Pea".  Benjamin played the part of the Prince, and not to brag, but he was wonderful!  He wore a lovely gold crown and said his lines with no sign of not remembering those lines.  Auntie Kim came to the play also, and it was really nice for us to share this great memory of Benjamin with her.

After the play, all of us went to a Chinese Buffet.  The problem with a buffet is that the urge (actually more than an urge) to overeat is a real possibility.  I had salad and some sweet and sour chicken, which is a favorite of mine.  If you didn't want to eat Chinese food, there was fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, potatoes and anything and everything in between.

Andy insisted that for dessert I try the fried donuts encrusted in sugar.  Okay, I admit it, I'm a sugar fiend, so the possibility of donuts sounded really good to me.  By the way, the donuts were really good.  And, because there was peach cobbler I had some of that too!  Oh, and topped that cobbler off with some ice cream.  Bad day all around for calorie counting, but a great day spent with Andy et al.

After lunch, Jeff and I headed to Costco to get a few things.  One of the things we bought was a very large dog bed that has "leather" bolsters on two sides.  This bed is big enough for just Maggie, and/or both of the girls.  After Costco, our next stop if WalMart.  At WalMart, I had Jeff take my rollator (walker) out of the car.  We spent more time in WalMart and there were several times, when I simply locked the wheels and sat, much like a queen, on her throne.  I thought I would feel self-conscious, but actually I didn't.  I saw a number of people using the store's electric scooters, and was super glad that I didn't have to use one of them.  When I used to use them, I was forever running into people and or end of the aisle displays.  And, that annoying beep-beep when you are backing up, always put my nerves on edge.  With my new device, when I need to go backwards, I simply turn the walker around and head off in a new direction.  While Jeff went through check out, I sat and watched the people go by.

I knew that I only had two choices for shopping yesterday: (a) use my walker thing; or (b) take a pain pill which leaves me sleepy with slurring speech.  I think I made the right choice.  Once we were home, we released the dogs from the basement and boy were they glad to see us.  Since we had both eaten enough at lunch, we decided to just nosh for our evening meal.  Jeff and I eventually found our way into our recliners (love those chairs), and took a quick snooze.  We have been watching the television show "24" on Amazon and are absolutely loving the show.  Why we didn't watch it when it was on the tv, beats the heck out of me.  But, you can really get caught up in each episode and because the story is so action packed, Jeff doesn't get disinterested and fall asleep.

Happy Sunday.  Possibility of a little snow for us later tonight.  

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...