Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Dentist - Ugh

1/24/2017

There are few places and/or procedures that fill me with dread, besides the dentist.  I hate the lectures, floss and floss some more.  I'm just not a floss kind of gal.  Today it's just a cleaning, but they always seem to find some cavity lurking in the background.  And if you have the cavity filled, they have to bring out the drill.  I hate the drill.  I think most of us baby boomers grew up with a completely different dental experience, than kids today are experiencing.  

We took the boys, at an early age, to a children's dentist and they loved it. Smaller chairs and tools hidden out of sight.  As a child and even in my 20's, the drill always hung ominously close by.  Drilling doesn't actually hurt after you've gone numb, but the sound and sometimes the smell brings me to tears.  I know I'm a "fraidy" cat.  My dentist knows this too, and will give me a short rest when he's drilling.

I am only allowed two cleanings a year with our dental plan.  For somebody like me, I need to get my teeth cleaned about every three months.  I joke with the dentist that I'd rather have all of my teeth pulled out and implants put in their place!  Drastic sounding I know and my dentist isn't in favor of my doing that - and the insurance company wouldn't pay for it.  Just a thought.

While I'm gone, I'll leave the dogs in the basement with the doggy door so they can go outside.  By the way, my little electronic clicker thingy seems to be working.  It makes enough noise that the girls stop what they're doing, which is sort of the idea.  If they're outside barking and I use the clicker, they come running and are rewarded with a treat.  They know by now what the clicker looks like and I pretty much just have to carry it around the house and their behavior becomes quite good.

After yesterday's rain, today is full of sunshine.  It's easier to be happier when the weather outside is bright and sunny.  Just getting the mail yesterday, I got really wet.  I don't exactly know why I feel the need to rush to get the mail.  It's not like I'm expecting a check for a million dollars or anything.  I'm just interested in the mail, which falls into two categories: (a) junk mail; and (b) bills.  Now why would I get excited about either of those things?  I have no answer to that question.

Have a wonderful and great day.  Today will be in the 50's and then by Saturday in the 30's.  Mother Nature apparently can't make up her mind - it's either winter - or it's not.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...