Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Television Review

1/4/2017

I think it's my civic duty to report on some of my recent television watching.  The new show "Mick" is wacky, funny and entertaining.  

Jeff and I both enjoy the show "Genius" and "Lethal Weapon".  McGuyver, not so much.  It's hard to like the new show, when we still remember fondly the original showm where the star was Richard Dean Anderson, who we admit freely was very easy on the eyes!  There is nothing particularly wrong with the new show, it's just the actor playing McGuyver doesn't have the same swagger or appeal that Richard Anderson had.  Sometimes, I think it's best to leave the past in the past and not try and convince the public that the new show is better, because it's not.  Just my opinion.

And, then we come to "Celebrity Apprentice", which is now hosted by "Arnold"!  Oh, excuse me, I should say Governor, as that's what the celebrities are to call him.  One of the celebrities, who apparently knows Arnold, made the mistake of calling him by his first name.  He was instantly corrected.  Donald Trump is the executive producer along with Mark Burnett as creator.  Seriously, they couldn't find anybody else to be the host?  In the first episode, Arnold and his nephew spoke in German while the celebrities sat at the table.  I think that's the height of rudeness.  And, he didn't bother to translate.  So, what was he saying?  I'm thinking that it was not flattering.  He also regaled the celebrities with his story of becoming Mr. Universe.  I don't know about you, but I wouldn't give two cents to hear him expound on his successes.  And, Trump will be paid for his contributions to the show, a figure in the low five figures.  However, is he going to juggle his Presidential duties while also being a part of a television show?

This week, most of our favorite shows have returned, which means that Jeff and I don't have to involve ourselves in idle chitchat (horrors - just kidding - sort of), or searching for a movie that we both like on Netflix!

And baking and cooking shows have returned.  I watch these shows when Jeff isn't around, since he's not a fan, not even a little bit!  He will watch Maury occasionally and seems to like Dr. Phil and Ellen.

It's really a gloomy day, so I may need extra time with my "SAD" light!

P





 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...