Monday, January 9, 2017

Golden Globes

1/9/2017

Last night, after Jeff had gone to bed, I watched part of the Golden Globes ceremony.  The only movie I had seen was "The Martian" and the only television show I was most familiar with was "Veep".

It's the good part of recording a ceremony such as this on your Tivo - you can fast forward through acceptance speeches, commercials and anything else that is boring to you.  I have a general dislike for the acceptance speeches, because the actors (female included) have to go on and on thanking practically everybody for winning.  You know the kind "want to give thanks to my grandmother who died in "x" for believing in me" and so forth.

And then we come to the fashion parade.  It saddens me for some reason that so many of the actresses feel the need (I guess that's what I'd call it) to call attention to all their bits and pieces.  It looked like some dresses must have been glued on and the number of dresses cut down to there and had very little fabric on top were plentiful.  If by dressing this way, you're letting the world know you have breasts, then I guess go ahead.  But every man and woman already know what you have under your dress.  If I wore of such little substance, there would have to be a bit (that's an understatement) more fabric on top.  My "girls" couldn't/shouldn't be contained with a piece of fabric the size of a handkerchief.  

There were a few actresses that were classically elegant.  Annette Being comes to my mind.  She wore a dazzling metallic dress that covered everything and was drop dead gorgeous.  The amount of jewelry on display was abundant and it seems likely that somewhere in the background were security guards, if you will, watching.  It's no secret that jewelry designers WANT their pieces on display, and the fact that they are displayed by beautiful women is an added bonus.  For me, if I was wearing, let's say diamond earrings, I think I would spend all night touching them to make sure they were still there!  But maybe Hollywood stars don't worry about such nonsense, after all they could always pay for the jewels.

One example of jewelry was displayed by Anne Hathaway, for some ceremony a few years ago. She teamed her shiny red gown with $10 million worth of sparkling charms. She wore a 94-carat diamond necklace, a 10-carat diamond dangling earrings and a diamond ring, all of which came from Tiffany & Co. However, Anne didn’t pay for these. Tiffany & Co., on the other, hand, paid her $750,000 to wear the set to the event. I would wear diamonds too, particularly if somebody PAID me to do so!

It goes without saying that the next People magazine and others in the same genre, will have abundant photos in their next issues.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...