Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sunny Sunday

1/8/2017

This morning the sunshine is startling bright.  A huge difference from yesterday.  But, even with the sun shining, it's cold - 16 degrees.  Jeff and I always disagree about what temperature is defined as cold.  However, as he sits near the fire with a blanket, I'm pretty sure he agrees that it's cold outside.

Daisy's collar has not yet been found.  If we don't find it, I can only imagine what a hassle it will be to get duplicates of all of her varying tags.  Dogs today have so many things hanging off their collar, they might as well be considered a "charm" collar!  Think about losing your wallet, and having to get new credit cards and driver's license.

I've got one week left to finish reading the book club's selected book "The Storyteller".  The book's okay, but somehow it feels (and actually it is) required reading.  I have many books on my Kindle as well as a number of print books (with larger print) that I would like to read first.  And, then on the night the book club meets, I'm pretty much at a complete loss to talk about the book.  My memory doesn't serve me well and I don't retain things like I used to.  To be sure, I can tell you about the clothes I wore as a teenager and "important" stuff like that, but don't ask me to tell you what I did last week.  Since it's been three years since 2013 (the year from hell), I think my memory is as good as it's going to get.  And yes, if you're wondering, I do write things down - and then promptly forget where my note is!

One of the writers in the Washington Post, challenged her readers to spend the next 21 days cleaning up our financial house, but our real house as well.  I have two of those "junk" drawers in the kitchen.  The problem with drawers like that is, stuff goes in but never comes out.  This makes me wonder if 99% of what's in the drawers either (a) doesn't need to be saved; or (b) could be moved to another place in the house.  The problem with solution B is, that if you move things from one place to another, you pretty much haven't gotten rid of anything!

I started to watch the movie about Debbie and Carrie Reynolds, but after only a few minutes knew that I didn't want to continue.  The movie hype sounded good on paper, but at least for me, wasn't interesting enough for me to stay the course.

After I get dressed, then I'll turn my attention to next week's television recordings.  Sunday nights are particularly tricky because a game moves everything starting with 60 minutes back.  It's been years since we bought our first Tivo, and I don't know how we ever got along without it!

Happy Sunday.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...