Monday, January 23, 2017

Winnie the Pooh Day

1/23/2017

It's a very dark, rainy, windy day outside.  Basically, a Winnie the Pooh kind of day.  Some of Benjamin's lightweight toys are moving back and forth on the front porch.  That movement makes just enough noise to wake slumbering dogs - which is too bad!

Jeff's last three day weekend is over until Memorial Day.  That extra day off is so good for him.  He and the girls managed to get in a number of mid-day snoozes over the weekend.  Speaking of snoozes, after my breakfast this morning, I sat in my recliner with Bella on my lap, and we "rested"!

Over the weekend, my ultrasonic dog repeller and trainer device arrived.  I bought it to stop some bad behaviors, like chewing on my couch, dog fighting and barking outside.  The reviews on Amazon were pretty good and I have to tell you this thing does work.  You can either push the audible button, which both you and the dogs can hear, or the inaudible one that emits a tone only they can hear.

They already know what the device looks like, probably because I carry it with me everywhere.  A few minutes ago, they were outside barking at the neighbor's dog, who for whatever reason can not go into his backyard without barking.  His barking, obviously starts our dogs.  I went to the living room window, and pressed the audible alarm.  It worked.  The girls came running into the house like their little tails were on fire.  They were, of course, rewarded for coming in.  It's not perfect, but it does grab the girl's attention and they stop doing whatever nonsense they've gotten themselves into.  I wish I had bought it sooner - maybe that would have saved the den couch from turning into a "chew toy"!

I'm looking at the time and I'm going to make my blog short, because I've just got to get some stuff done.  

P


Image result for picture of winnie the pooh on a windy day


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...