Saturday, January 7, 2017

Snow and Cold

1/7/2017

As I type this morning, my office thermometer says it's 16 degrees!  Okay, by anybody's standard, that's cold.  A hunker down day in sweat pants and fuzzy slippers.  There isn't a lot of snow and the driveway can probably be cleared with a broom; but, it's snow nonetheless.  The girls are getting their first look and/or taste of snow.  And, as an added bonus, when the girls are outside, you can tell if they have done their business!

We have some leftover chicken from one of those rotisserie you can get at Costco.  The chicken is a bargain, particularly when you consider all the things you can make.  First, we eat some chicken for dinner.  Then, I chopped some chicken up to put in a casserole.  And today, the whole carcass, which still has a lot of meat on it, will go in the soup pot.  I don't make soups or stews anymore.  Jeff has taken over the cooking of these delicious meals.  Once the soup/stew is made, I'm the official taste tester.

The high today is going to be 26 and tomorrow 25.  After that, the week begins to get warmer and by the end of the week we're going to be in the 50's.  With such erratic weather, it's hard to know how to dress for being inside the house.  I hate being cold but I also don't like being hot.  Short sleeves and a sweater is probably the answer to my dressing dilemma.

I went out yesterday to run a few errands and since I wasn't going to be out long, I wore my Birkenstocks - with socks!  I know a fashion statement no-no, but frankly Scarlett, I didn't give a damn.  I wasn't shopping, just returning an item back to the store and shipping a return to Amazon.

Other than mail delivery, there is no good reason to venture outside.  I may be "crazy", but I'm no fool.  With my luck, I would slip on the little bit of snow on the driveway.  

Through rough housing, Daisy's collar is missing.  If it's in the backyard, it might be hard to find.  Today, I'm going through the house looking at areas where they do most of their sisterly fighting.  If she should get out of the yard, at least she is chipped.  

I have a book I need to read for the book club which meets on the 18th I think.  The story is pretty good and today just might be the perfect day to spend some time with my Kindle.  The only problem with reading a book club pick on the Kindle, is that it's nearly impossible to flip through pages looking for a particular passage.  And, since the text is bigger on my Kindle, it makes for easier reading and most of the time, it's cheaper.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

P

 Image result for picture of light snow




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...