Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Now It's Really Wednesday

1/18/2017

It's Wednesday and I know this because it's also recycling day.  Gone are the days when you put all your trash in a trash can.  Now you have to separate paper/boxes from glass and plastic. Good for the environment I know.

Last night was book club.  I read, more or less, the book.  It was about Germany and the Holocaust and for me wasn't an easy book to read, nor was it enjoyable.  When I buy or borrow a book, they are generally easy to read books and I don't have to worry about what the plot was/is.  I don't retain things the way I used to, so at last night's discussion, brought very little to the table.  But, after we'd finished mostly our book discussion, then the evening became quite fun.  We entertained each other with stories and it's always good to end an evening with a laugh.

This morning it's beautiful outside.  Nice and sunny and probably could get away with opening up a window or two this afternoon.  The backyard is still muddy and I have evidence of that on my kitchen floor.  I have no grass now in the yard and they have done a wonderful job of "trimming" my ornamental grass!

I'm trying to learn how to transfer ebooks from the library onto my Kindle.  Since I'm having trouble, I'm off to the library this morning for help.  I know better than to go to the library during the weekend, when the library is at it's busiest.  That's also why I don't go shopping on the weekends,  just too many people.

I'm watching the HBO show "The Young Pope" and Jude Law is doing a great job of portraying a Pope.  Just not a traditional Pope, but one that is from America (which is okay), but is arrogant and moody.  Not sure yet whether I'm going to stick with the show.  Guess I'll have to watch another episode or two to see if the story line improves.

Stacey (DIL) is joining the march on Washington on Saturday.  I applaud her as well as all the other females that will participate.  I hope is that the weather is good, i.e., not raining, on Saturday.  Rain seems to soak right into your body.  And, I suppose wearing clothes in layers makes sense.  I wish her the best.

Nothing else new on the home front.  I have some frozen spaghetti sauce that I'm going to thaw and make spaghetti tonight.  Jeff has Friday off, so I don't have to worry so much about what to make for dinner on Thursday.  Basically, my options are: hamburger, pork, fish and chicken.  And, truthfully I get bored making the same old thing time after time.  But to his credit, Jeff never complains about what I make.  I do the complaining to myself when I can't think of some new dish to try.

Have a beautiful day.

P




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...