Friday, January 13, 2017

It's Friday!!

1/13/2017

Not only is it Friday, but it's also "Friday the 13th", which for years has given rise to suspicions that on this particular day, you may have bad luck.  I know that's not true, because Jeff and I have had bad luck, such as not having any winning numbers on a lottery ticket!  We try and parse out our bad, or not quite so good, luck throughout the year.  Why wait around and have the world come crashing down on you, on one specific day?

This morning, I'm going to have my head "shrunk" by my psychiatrist.  I only see her monthly now, so that's good progress.  Will I need her forever?  Odds are I will.  Depression and anxiety for some people are not things that just magically go away and never return.  It's hard to say when I had my first bout of depression, but I know it was many years ago.  Depression can either (a) stick around indefinitely; or (b) just when I think I'm "out of the woods" (so to speak), and feeling good, the darkness descends once again.  And, please don't tell me to pull myself up by my boot straps.

Today is a bright sunny day and when Jeff comes home tonight, he'll have a three day weekend.  When he has three days off, it gives him much more time for relaxation, which he badly needs.  And, on a purely selfish note, I have someone to help me wrangle the girls during the day.  (Smiley face here)!!

I made and Jeff finished making gumbo last night.  We like spicy food and the gumbo certainly delivered.  Jeff does a couple of things really well, and that is: scrambled eggs, soups and stews.  I'm not suggesting that he's not good at other things.  I started the gumbo but when Jeff go home, he turned the gumbo into something spicy that tasted great.  I made a double batch, so today I'll take some out of the pan, and put in a container to freeze for later on.

Even when a dish is good, after so many times eating it, it's no longer as delicious as it once was.  Reminds of turkey after Thanksgiving.  How many times and ways can you eat leftover turkey before you want to bite into a juicy steak?

No plans for the weekend.  I think we're going to have some kind of weather event tomorrow.  Today the high is supposed to be in the 40's, turning cold tomorrow and then by Tuesday back in the 50's.  Sweater?  No sweater?  I have no idea how to dress right now.  Last night we slept with both bedroom windows open, because we like our bedroom to be cool/cold.  Unless there's a blizzard outside that would blow snow into the bedroom, one window is open all year by an inch or so.  We try to keep the blinds down low enough so that the girls can't peek outside and find things to bark about - i.e., like a leaf blowing in the wind!

There are times during the day, when I think we've turned a corner with the girls and that they're maturing.  And, then I go into the den and find something like pillow stuffing all over the floor.  Everything, and I mean that literally, is fair game.  Socks, shoes, tissues, paper plates, you name it and they've destroyed it.  They are not chewing constantly now so the once weekly package of bones from Amazon has stopped.  The girls have so many bones and antlers in the den, that we could likely pass for a boneyard!

Happy Friday and for most of you happy three day weekend.

P





 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...