Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Day After the "Big Day"

1/21/2017

Yesterday, I binged watched the inauguration parade.  Okay, I didn't really binge watch, because the Tivo allowed me to skip the parts of the day that I wasn't really interested in.  Jeff and I both enjoyed the marching bands in the parade.  Jeff was in a marching band while he was in school, so he was quick to point out a raggedy line of band members.

I watched a few minutes of one of the balls.  Melania was very pretty and both her earrings and engagement/wedding ring were good-sized.  Mrs. Pence looked very pretty in her bright blue dress.  She makes me think of a wonderful mother and/or grandmother, which is a wonderful thing.

I checked the news this morning and saw that the Obama's plane had to be diverted to an Air Force Base in California, due to heavy rains.  They then had to take a car(s) to Palm Springs where they are vacationing.

So the 20th was a day of firsts and lasts.  Jeff and I were both a bit choked up when President Obama stopped waving at the airport and went inside the plane.  I know we haven't heard the last of Obama and his wife, so we'll just have to wait and see what their next act looks like.

Ugly, rainy gray day.  Not a particularly great day for the Women's March in Washington.  I guess on the plus side, it's not hot.

Enjoy your Saturday.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...