Thursday, January 12, 2017

Staying Up Late, Waking Up Early!

1/12/2017

Each night, I dread going to bed.  I take my nighttime pills, which ultimately make me sleepy, but still I stay up.  I went to bed last night at midnight.  The girls woke me up at 7:00.  Actually, the girls didn't wake me up as much as the rattling of paper did.  They had found an envelope on a low shelf and were gearing up to tear it to pieces.  So now I'm up but not raring to go.  A nap sounds good now, and will sound even better this afternoon!

I watched the movie "The Reader" which came out in 2008.  It is a compelling story about a young boy (teens) who is seduced by an older woman.  The movie weaves around the aging of the young boy, who becomes a lawyer.  Many years pass but while in law school, his class sits in on a trial of the woman who seduced him.  The woman is charged with war crimes and was a Nazi guard at one of the concentration camps.  It is a highly compelling story and the ending, which I won't give away, wasn't what I was expecting. Kate Winslet plays the woman, and sat every day of filming for 7 1/2 hrs for make-up and prosthetic prep.

It's warm enough outside today, that I turned the furnace off.  It's supposed to be 64 today, 46 tomorrow and 32 on Saturday.  I don't know whether to put a sweater on, or take it off.  The backyard is still wet from rain and unfortunately, thanks to the girls, is also muddy.  The good news about that is I KNOW if they have gone outside.  Muddy paw prints give them away each time they come back in the house!

Jeff has a three day weekend coming up and I'm happy for him.  He gets an extra day to rest, relax and do what he wants (more or less)!  I don't know if he's supposed to work on the 20th but since he's not a Federal employee, it's likely that he is.

I'm planning on recording the inauguration on the Tivo.  If I record it, I can fast forward through any bits that are boring.

P










 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...