Wednesday, December 27, 2017

A Nothing Happening Wednesday

12/27/2017

Jeff went back to work today.  He always enjoys having an extra day or two added to the weekend, because he can get more much needed rest.

Jeff bought me an Amazon Echo talking Google-like device.  I'm not real good with techy (sp) devices, and never have been.  Jeff has to break down in instructions for me in really small segments.  So far this morning, I have asked Alexa to tell me the time, weather and to play Elvis songs.  Doing good so far.  She can increase/decrease the volume of the television and the music playing.  I actually don't know what else she can do, but I'm sure Jeff can give me a "teenie" tutorial.

I'll haul all the boxes out to the curb today for pick-up tomorrow.  I've tossed out small pieces of wrapping paper.  Unused paper, bows, etc., are headed to the basement and they won't be seen for another year.  Of course by then, I'll have forgotten that I already have package tags, bows, ribbons, etc.  I guess this method assures I won't ever run out of these things, and that's a really good thing.

Ada comes today and I think she'll be amazed at how different the den and dining room look!  I did spill corn flakes on the floor on Sunday, and while Bella was quick to the rescue, there is still a slight crunch on the floor.  

Jeff and I weren't feeling too good yesterday, and my "down" time, shows in the kitchen.  Leftovers can be put in smaller dishes and then I'll soak the big dish.

Since I did a really bad job of estimating everyone's sizes, I will have several packages sent back to Amazon and reorder in a different size.  When you're buying clothes for people, you don't want to offend them by buying a size that's too big.  On the other hand, nobody wants to receive a gift that's too small.  It's a two edge sword.  I suppose I could try to note surprise the family with presents, but instead just use gift cards.  Trouble with the gift cards, in my opinion, it makes me think (again just my opinion) that I actually can't think of anything else to give a person. Having said that, IF the gift card(s) are part of other presents, then I think it's okay.  

I'm not seeing the oral surgeon until the 19th, which means that until them I have this hole in my mouth, which is hard to ignore.  Here's how I see things.  My family may see things differently.  I want to have the implant put in and then I promise I'll schedule back surgery.  I know that a hole in my mouth will, in no way, bother or get in the way of the orthopedic surgeon, but for my own vanity, it will matter to me.

Have a good day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...