Saturday, December 23, 2017

Rainy Saturday

12/23/2017

Ho, Ho, Ho, is only a day away.  I'm sure the stores are bustling with people, and on-line purchases will have to have expedited shipping ($$$). I've checked my Christmas list, and everything I ordered is here, wrapped and ready for Christmas Day.

This morning, because I have absolutely nothing to do, I watched two Hallmark movies while having my morning coffee.  Why do I love these movies so much?  They do have a predictable ending, and there a bit over the top, but I love the romance.  Nothing bad (seriously bad) happens in a Hallmark movie. Jeff watched the movies with me, and he could predict, as could I, how the movies were going to end!

I think Jeff will go shopping today.  He'll brave the crowds to buy the necessities of life: milk and eggs.  Another necessity is toilet paper, but my linen closet is not running short of this.

Scott came by last night for a quick visit.  We had a wonderful visit with him.  I don't know for sure, but Jeff and I are prepared, in case he and Wendy come by tomorrow.  I also asked him if we could bring the girls to his house.  We don't want to leave them alone for what will probably be hours.  Scott owns Mastiffs (big dogs), so there will have to be a meet and greet.  We'll follow Cesaur 's (or however you spell it) way to introduce dogs to other dogs.  Daisy might freak out a bit initially, but Andrew has big dogs, and after the first visit, everybody gets along very well. Not to mention, that if the dogs were alone and had to stay in the basement or go through the doggy door to the backyard, pretty sure Daisy would bark and bark. 

When Jeff goes to WalMart, I want him to see if he can find a pre-lit small Christmas tree.  They have the trees on line for sale.  I've enjoyed having a small tree lit up on a small table in the dining room (the informal one). It's just festive looking, and goes well with the string of multi-colored lights that have been on my mantel for years.  I love lights, what else can I say?

Another one of the presents I bought for myself, but I will give credit to Jeff, is a blue snap front sweatshirt that has a lovely embroidered flower on the front.  This kind of sweatshirt is lightweight enough to wear when I go out most days.  The threat of winter coming with snow and/or ice really doesn't both me now, since I seldom go out, and if I do go out, the Metro Access driver will help me get into the bus.

Gotta run.  I have a grocery list to make for Jeff, before he goes shopping.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...