Thursday, December 28, 2017

Just Things

12/28/2017

Well here we are, just a day away from another long weekend. I know that Jeff, and probably you are as well, are looking forward to a third day off.  I think Jeff is taking the 2nd of January off as well.  These extra days are good for him, because he gets a lot more rest.  He can get in his recliner, gather up one or both dogs, and take an afternoon snooze.

Yesterday, the landscaping company that we use, came and blew all of our leaves, including the backyard, which really needed it, out onto the street, and then their very large vacuum sucked everything up.  There were four men, and with that many men blowing leaves around, it took them almost no time at all to finish the yard.  They blew leaves out of the bushes in front of the house.  We are no longer the house on the street, which is the "leavest" (I know it's not a word, but you guys know what I mean).  They made it look so easy, and I guess it is with the right equipment.  Here's what I know for sure, if we had the leaves picked up a couple of times in the fall, it would save us time as well as an aching back (mine), and multiple lawn bags!  Just saying.

It's really cold outside today, and we're not going to get much of a warm up.  At the moment it's 16 degrees outside - brrr.  I don't think there is any major percipation in the near forecast.  Our fireplace, which has a blower, works so well, that it doesn't take long before the den get a "bit" too toasty!  Here's what I do know - if the girls come into the house and their fur is cold, then they've been outside.  If it isn't cold, then there "might" be a potty mess in the basement.  (Sigh)

Jeff made a wonderful alfredo chicken dinner last night.  He added extra chicken, some peas, cream of chicken soup, etc., and it turned out really well.  I know I should do more around the house, but I have a very limited time that I can stand/walk.  Jeff is very helpful to me.

Our recycling, which filled the large bin, as well as other boxes put on the ground, was picked up today.  A sure sign that Christmas is over, and we're just waiting for the new year.  I did keep a few small boxes and padded envelopes because I have a few things that need to be returned.

Jeff and I are keeping Benjamin on the 31st, so that Andrew and Stacey can participate in the progressive dinner in their neighborhood.  I've recorded some shows that I think Benjamin will enjoy watching.

This morning, I've gathered up the lightweight flannel blankets that Jeff and I use nearly every day, and put them in the washing machine.  I know that they need to be washed, because they shouldn't smell like dog!

Time to get busy.  I've got things to do, and if I was able to drive, places to go.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...