Sunday, December 24, 2017

Ho, Ho, Ho

12/24/2017

I'm sincerely hoping that none of my readers are in a panic mode today.  I'm pretty sure the stores will be packed with people and entire shelves emptied out.  Unfortunately, Jeff will have to go to either (a) a "real" grocery store; or (b) WalMart, to buy some key ingredients for the dishes we're going to make for tomorrow's Christmas dinner.  

I also know that some shoppers are at the stores looking for heavily discounted items.  I've asked Jeff to look at WalMart for a 2-3 foot pre-lit Christmas tree.  I have a pre-lit tree, but half of the lights are burnt out, or something.  Anyway, they don't all work.  I have an antique table belonging to Jeff's side of the family, and it sits in a bay window, and I like having a small tree on top - all year.  After all, I'm the lady who keeps a string of multi-colored lights on the fireplace mantel all year.  What can I say?  I love lights.

Scott et al are coming to the house this morning for breakfast.  Jeff has cooked a lot of bacon, and I'm not talking about thin bacon.  Nope, this bacon is thick slabbed, which is super tasty.  And, who doesn't love bacon?

I'm pre-heating the oven to cook two kinds of Pillsbury rolls.  One is the familiar cinnamon, cream cheese kind; and the other is a new orange roll, which certainly looks yummy on the package.

If Elly is with them, then we're probably going to have her open her Christmas presents from us while she is here.  After the "hunt" is over for buying what I consider a good or even great gift, it's ten times more fun, to see that the recipient loves, or at least likes what you've bought.

I'm keeping this short today.  My oven is calling.  

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone.

Love to all, P

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...