Thursday, December 7, 2017

Pampering Coming Up!

12/7/2017

Stacey and Benjamin are coming to visit with me today.  One thing that I need help with is the organizing of my shoes.  As far as I can see, summer is now officially over, and it's time to put away sandals and flip-flops.  I have a large box that my summer shoes can go in, and then we can determine if I can actually put on a real pair of shoes.  I'm able to get my right foot into a clog, but an actual shoe might prove unsuccessful.

This afternoon, we're heading out to the nail salon for a much needed pedicure and waxing.  If I were a man, then my budding whiskers on my chin would be the start of a beard.  But, as a woman, I find the "whiskers", to be super unflattering!  Just saying.  Since I can't reach my toes, at the moment, or perhaps forever, to have my toes tending to, is a real treat.  I don't think most men can appreciate how good a pedicure feels.

Afterwards, a quick trip to CVS, so that I can buy a few special cards, for a few special people.  Then I suppose we'll come back home.  This morning, I'm switching out the unwrapped presents that I have for Scott, Wendy and Elly, and replace them with gifts for Andrew, Stacey and Benjamin.  Stacey can help, actually do, the wrapping of those gifts.  Unfortunately, for Stacey, she is going to have their presents wrapped by me, so they're probably not going to look so good.  After a lifetime, at least it seems that way, and having only boys, I've never needed to master ribbons and bows.  Guys, just don't care about all that.

Last night, Jeff made sweet 'n sour pork for dinner and it turned out amazing.  He added rice, peppers, onions, pineapple and a few other ingredients and it turned out really well.  Had a little heat, but Jeff and I like spicy food.  The house was cleaned yesterday, but I told Ada not to clean my office or the living room, as both rooms have officially been declared as "Santa's Workshop", and their are boxes and padded envelopes everywhere.

I went into the basement yesterday, and used concrete cleaner on the floor.  The cleaner really did make a difference on the spots that Daisy has created.  Trouble was, I was tired after my first round of cleaning, and I didn't go back down after the floor had dried, to do round two of cleaning.  Perhaps, I can tackle that project again today or tomorrow.

I was notified today that one of my packages coming by UPS, has been delayed.  I think I heard why on the news last night, but my brain didn't retain what the problem was.  I have bought an egg basket for Benjamin to use in the future.  I also ordered a few fake eggs to put in the basket.  Now, I'll have to wait a few days to receive the eggs.

I think that's all the news I have for today.  It's a bit brisk here, but it's also December. I remember doing my Christmas shopping in California wearing flip-flops.  It's definitely not flip-flop season back here now.

P

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...