Saturday, December 30, 2017

Snow!

12/30/2017

Well, we can now say that we did, in fact, have snow in 2017.  It's a very light dusting, but it's definitely snow.   It's the kind of snow that doesn't really require shoveling of the driveway, unless it's going to remain cold, which it is, and then our driveway will become an ice rink, which is definitely not good.  The county just came by and dropped sand on the road.

Sometime today, Scott and Wendy are coming to the house and it's always lovely to see both of them.  Then this evening, Stacey is dropping Benjamin off at the house for a two night sleepover.   I'm pretty sure that Benjamin will be all about watching cheesy movies (but please no Shrek) and having popcorn. 

And, at this time of the year, Jeff and I both appreciate the gas fireplace.  We don't have to haul in wood, sweep up ashes, etc.  Plus, the boys are no longer around to bring in the wood! Both Bella and Daisy love the fire.  In fact, Bella will occasionally just put her whole head on the bricks.  Earlier this year, before the temperatures began to spiral downward, we had the fireplace serviced and apparently we need a new valve for the gas, or something.  The technician "promised" me that he would put a rush on getting the new part to us.  Luckily, for us, the fireplace is still working, because if it wasn't, then steam would be coming out of my ears!

I may not blog tomorrow, because I'll have Benjamin here and MomMom will be busy!

P


  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...