Sunday, December 3, 2017

Weekend

12/3/2017

Friday afternoon, Jeff came home and we went for our Costco/WalMart run.  Both stores were busy with shoppers looking for more deals, and pre-packaged gifts, like body lotion and shower gel.  Stuff like that.

I've been lucky in that Amazon Santa has been arriving and most of the presents I have bought have arrived.  Now comes the hard part - wrapping - and no don't expect any ribbons or bows.  That's not my thing.

Saturday morning, Scott, Wendy and Elly came to the house for brunch.  Jeff cooked bacon, eggs to order, fried potatoes and cherry or cream cheese pastries  Got to love the cream cheese ones!  Jeff and I had not met Elly before, so it was very nice to meet her.  Elly put some small decorations on our very small fake Christmas tree!  After they left, Jeff and I spent the day pretty much as slugs.  By the time a weekend comes around, Jeff is very tired.  He gets up very, very early to beat the commute to work, and on the way home, he battles nearly non-stop traffic.  He is understandably tired by the time Friday comes.  So a few naps in his chair with one or both of the girls in his lap, helps to regenerate his batteries.

For dinner last night, Jeff cooked part of a rotisserie chicken that we had bought on Friday.  He made stuffing, cranberries and gravy.  It was like having Thanksgiving all over again - yummmmm!

It's a beautiful day outside, but a bit on the cooler side.  We might blow leaves into a pile and do the bend and scoop those leaves into recycling lawn bags.  Our neighborhood HOA will do a one-time pick-up of leaves in the starting the week of the 11th.  People are already putting their leaves in the street, which I believe is not a good idea.  Those leaves will blow away if it's windy, and then could become a problem for a neighbor.  It's possible that I might "over think" minor things like this, and I know I do.  I can, at times, be like a dog with a bone, going to hang on no matter what.

Jeff took all of the 4A Christmas cards to the post office, so that's another thing off of the list of chores needing to be done.  I'm working on our Christmas cards, and as the years go by, so does the number of cards sent out.  I thought about composing a "letter" to put in with the cards, but when I looked back on the year, decided that very little positive things have occurred for Jeff and I.  Just stating the facts - it is what it is, and you can't change history, even if you try.

My birthday is this month and from a purely mental state, this month is very hard on me.  The days are short and for some reason or another, the short days tend to bring me down.  Maybe it's the build up toward Christmas, then after the presents are opened, and taken to the appropriate homes, you wait for the Visa bill to arrive!  That one-click on Amazon definitely makes buying super duper easy.  Perhaps, too easy.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...