Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Leavy Tuesday

12/12/2017

The homeowner's association is coming through the neighborhood, sucking up any leaves that are in the street.  Well, thanks to a 30 year old Oak tree, Jeff and I have leaves to spare, which is not necessarily a good thing.  This morning, I went out and swept (yes with a broom) and swept most of the front yard.  My theory is that for every leaf I get out to the street, is a leaf I don't have to pick up later!  This exercise didn't feel so good physically for me, but mentally I'm giving myself two thumbs up.  👍👍  See, there they are!

Today, I literally have to empty out my office of boxes, presents, packing material and everything else relating to Christmas.  Until I have all my presents wrapped, I really won't know how many of these empty boxes or padded envelopes I need to keep. The days of me shoving clothes into shirt boxes and sealing them with packing tape and identifying the recipient are over now.

I see that you can now give Amazon access to open your front door and put your packages inside.  This just sounds creepy to me.  I'm sure that the drivers are trustworthy, but that still doesn't give me piece of mind.  And, boxes or packages left in the house could certainly be destroyed by the girls before I can get to them.  

There's no snow predicated for the rest of the week.  It's just gloomy gray outside, which is not a good thing for me.  And, getting to be more on the cool/cold side.  Our gas fireplaces, which was serviced more than a month ago (I think) is needing a new gas valve, or something like that.  The repairman said that we had a 50/50 chance of the fireplace turning on.  At the moment, the fireplace is working and the new valve will be put in in January. Glad there's no rush or anything.

Ada is coming to clean the house tomorrow - yeah.  I have one present wrapped in a black trash 
bag - don't ask.  I will need to put that on the coach in the living room, so that she doesn't think it's trash and throws it out.

For the first time in several years, I'm really looking forward to Christmas.  We're all going (Andrew et al) to Scott's house to exchange gifts and have lunch/dinner together.  It will be so much fun.  Frankly, I like the things I've bought for people and would like to give them to the family now. Since we're opening up presents at Scott's house, means that I won't have to deal with wrapping paper and boxes!  Yeah.  Scott has asked me to bring my hash brown casserole, which is a family favorite and pretzel salad, also a favorite.  If, and that's a big if, I feel up to it, I might make those little round, nut filled and dusted with powder sugar cookies.  

As I write this, with both the girls sitting near me, staring at the window, makes me wonder if their litter mates were also able to find good homes.  There is a difference between giving a dog a home and giving a dog a great home.  Bella and Daisy are living the life in a great home, I'm happy to say. Even though I get really frustrated with the damage to things that Bella has done in the past year, I believe we're making progress to having more mature dogs.  Mind you, I still leave gates up all over the house, and I hope someday we'll be able to leave the girls in the house when we go out.  But, that time is definitely not here.

Moving along now and heading to the kitchen as my first stop.  Have a good day.

P
Image result for picture of holly




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...