Monday, December 4, 2017

Monday, Monday

12/4/2017

What can I say about a Monday?  Um, most of you are back at work, and already looking forward to Friday.  I know when I was working, I knew that I had to get through Monday, and then it felt like it was downhill to Friday.  It's possible that I'm the only person that felt like that.

Yesterday, Jeff was again a mega star in terms of doing this for me.  I'm very grateful for his help, even though I don't always seem to at the time.  My body isn't working very well, and this makes me crabby.  I can no longer blame my crabbiness on menopause, because that ship sailed a long time ago.  I'm pretty sure that I'm just so frustrated that I've been dealing with right leg/foot issues since February.  You know what I really want for Christmas?  I want a doctor who feels that he can help me by taking care of whatever is wrong with my back, etc.  The Hope diamond would also be nice, if that's not asking for too much. 😊

My "office" looks like Santa's workshop at the moment.  Because I don't know which padded envelopes and/or boxes I'm going to use for wrapping presents, I'm saving them all.  Once everything is wrapped, then I can start throwing out boxes.  At this point, I don't know if I need to keep the little boxes or more of the bigger ones.  When the boys see the dreaded "shirt boxes" come out with their names on them, I know this does not make them happy.  But, as adults, they're a bit difficult to buy for.  Ya think?  And, Jeff is and always been super duper hard to buy for.  Unlike me, he doesn't want more or less useless presents. When buying for him, I try to keep that in mind.  Me?  I love presents and like everything I get.  The only time that I really didn't like a Christmas present, was when Jeff's Mother, who was into Shackley (however you spell it), gave me toilet bowl cleaner!  I know that she thought this cleaner ws the best thing since sliced bread.  Unfortunately, I didn't see it like that.  I saw it as a silent comment on my housecleaning.  Um, she never gave me a Schacley product again.  As a mother-in-law, at this time of the year, I always ask for a list, which gives me a starting point.  From there, I've known to go rogue when it comes to presents. And, since I love the presents I've bought for everyone, I want to give them all today.

I know I shouldn't buy things for myself, but I can't help it.  I get on Amazon and intend to look for "x", but in the meantime, "y" has caught my eye!  What else can I say?  I did give Wendy and Stacey a list of sorts, practical and useful things. Jeff has renewed my subscription to People, which is a magazine that I love.  And, I now have someone come in once a week to clean the house.  Super thank you to Jeff! What I really want is to have my life back again.  I want to be able to drive my car, walk pain free, and not have to use my walker and/or rollator to get around. Everything started going south in February, and now it's December! (Urrrr).

Have a good day.

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...