Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday!

12/15/2017

I'm in countdown mode until Sunday, when I become a "slightly" older old person!  Stacey, has arranged a birthday dinner for me and family et al, at a local steak house.  Stacey is a vegetarian, but the rest of the family are all carnivores, who all love steak.  Yum, I can hardly wait.

Yesterday, I got serious about wrapping presents.  Before I got serious, I had presents, boxes, padded envelopes and you name it pretty much all over the house.  And, then armed with my trusted wrapping pal, packing tape, I got down to business.  No ribbons, no bows and sometimes no wrapping paper.  I have a few remaining gifts that should be here in the next day or two, but I'm calling a "wrap" on wrapping - DONE!!!

With the exception of the occasional stealing by Bella, the girls are, and perhaps it's my imagination, getting better about using the carpet as a potty spot, chewing on chair legs as well as one of our sofas.  The sofa is older and was replaced by two recliners.  We keep the sofa primarily for the girls to sleep on.  So the fact that part of one arm has been chewed down to wood, doesn't bother us because when we decide to get rid of that sofa, it will just go to the dump.  Because Bella still likes to take things that don't belong to her, I still have the baby gates up protecting the kitchen and living room.  

It is gray outside.  Looks like snow, and our area could have some light snow today.  Winter is definitely coming, so I'd better figure out if I can get my right foot, which is swollen, into a pair of "real" shoes.  You know the ones that either buckle or tie.  I switched to Velcro closing shoes several years ago when tying became a bit of a problem for me.  With Velcro shoes, you put your foot in, and secure the top easily.  And, because they are Velcro, they don't become untied.

I got up at the girls' regular wake-up time, after Jeff leaves for work.  So, at 7:30, it was feet and paws on the floor.  Time now for coffee, bagel and hopefully some kind of a cooking show.

Have a wonderful Friday.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...