Friday, December 29, 2017

Baby It's Cold Outside!

12/29/2017

Won't be able to type 2017 very much longer.  I know from experience that it will take me a few days to get the date right!

It's not snowing or anything, but it's brrrr cold back here.  I shouldn't complain because in places like Minnesota, they are having minus below temperatures. I had to put some mail in the mailbox this morning, and I hurried (as much as I can) to get to the mailbox and come back to the house.

Yesterday, I went into the basement (scary place) and did some sweeping, and then turned on the industrial vacuum and started sucking up dust bunnies, etc.  I was even brave enough to wash the throw rug that is "supposed" to catch muddy paws, etc.  The rug in the basement, like all the others in the house, are double-sided.  Which means there isn't a latex backing, which falls apart after a wash or two.  I vowed to never buy that kind of rug again.  It makes sense to me, to spend a bit more money to get a rug that can easily be washed.

Jeff and I are keeping Benjamin Saturday and Sunday nights.  Stacey and Andrew do a progressive dinner in their neighborhood.  Stacey is going to drop Benjamin off on her way to a doctor's appointment.  I'm sure that Benjamin and I can find movies to watch, and I also have a soap making kit, that makes two soaps.  The soap making should be fun for both of us.

I think it's cold enough, in my humble opinion, that there is a real possibility that Jeff will not put the top down on his way home.  

A new job opportunity for Jeff will begin in January. He'll be able to work from home, and there won't be any more packing lunches!  Yeah.  I'm glad he's going to be home, because I'm trying to schedule my back surgery, and it'll be helpful, if not necessary, to have Jeff around to help me.

No other news from the Bassett "estate", so I'll close for now.  I'm pretty sure that most of you, will probably get to go home early to start your long weekend.

P








No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...