Tuesday, December 26, 2017

It's The Day After The Day Before

12/26/2017

By now, packages have been ripped open, wrapping paper strewn along the floor, and boxes, boxes and more boxes are now open and heading to be recycled.  Since Jeff and I, celebrated Christmas at Scott's house yesterday, we came home with very little in the way of "trash", if you will.

Though we knew it might be a challenge, and it was for a bit, we took the girls with us.  The outside temperature was and is low, and we worried about the girls being locked into the basement (with a doggy door of course), but no real way of getting away from the cold.  Initially, Scott's dogs and the girls did the circling, sniffing bit, and there was some "posturing" by all the dogs.  Eventually, they tired of the nonsense and pretty much went into separate corners and there wasn't as much supervision by adults required, I'm happy to say.

Our diner last night was, in a word, fabulous.  Scott and Wendy had ham, I made my potato casserole as well as pretzel salad, Stacey brought sweet potatoes, corn casserole as well as cookies.  Wendy made a pineapple dish that was really yummy, we had rolls and Wendy made a coconut cream pie from scratch (yum for the tummy).  Again apologies, if I have forgotten anything/something.  My short term memory, as you all know, is a bit on the "challenging" side!  I'm happy to say that Benjamin enjoyed the ham, corn casserole and potatoes I think.

There were a lot of presents to open up.  And, we tried and did, sort of go around the room so that the appropriate appreciation for each present could be heard.  I don't know to type "ohs and aws", but you get the idea.

Jeff, myself and Wendy bought Scott a shorter chain saw, one that will do well in cutting down and up the dead trees here at the house.  Andrew and Stacey were recipients of a heated mattress pad, which apparently was more of a gift for Stacey.  

And yours truly really messed up on sizes.  I couldn't decide whether to err on the side of clothes too small, which could potentially make a person to be unhappy, or clothes that were too big.  I had some hits, but several flops as far as sizing went.  I'm glad I saved all my Amazon envelopes because some of the t-shirts that I bought, need to be exchanged.

Jeff bought me an Amazon Echo.  Now all I have to do is learn how to use this modern piece of technology.  The Echo is kind of like having Google in the room where you are.  I think it will be really cool once it's set up.

There were two gifts, both from Scott, that almost made me cry, I was so happy.  He bought me a Murano-like glass clown, to add to my growing collection, as well as a Murano-like clown candy dish.  The clown is going up to my bathroom this morning, which is where I have the majority of my collection.  I know it sounds crazy to have a "fleet" of clowns in the bathroom.  We have a garden tub and so there is a lot of "landscaping", around the tub that can be accessorized with clowns - and more clowns!

The "ASB" clan (Andrew, Stacey and Benjamin) bought me little glass candies to put in a dish - enter the clown.  Elly also bought me glass candies, which are, as I type, in a bowl near my reading chair in the living room.

I was given unicorn socks, a metal holder that has moon and stars cut-out and then you put a votive or battery operated votive inside so that the cut-outs shine.  A very cool gift indeed.  Stacey et al, gave Jeff some olives brought back from Greece, which he'll enjoy a great deal.

Wendy gave me an inspiring book that she read during a dark period in her life.  Winter is particularly bad for me, thanks in part to having "SAD", and I can't wait to begin reading the book.

To my family, I'm pretty sure that I'm leaving out a present, or perhaps several presents, and for this I do apologize.  Nobody and nothing was omitted intentionally.  Some days, I have trouble remembering what I did the day before.  If I forgot a present(s), please do forgive me.  This morning, I am trying my hardest to recall all the details from yesterday.

Here's the take-away:  Jeff and I had a ridiculous amount of fun yesterday.  The food was delicious (even though I was shushed out of the kitchen, because I've still got that "stooding" too long thing going), and to be surrounded by the people we love and those that love us, created a warm glow in our hearts.  Jeff and I feel we are truly blessed.

Today, we're going to have 'tovers' (leftovers to the rest of you).  No cooking needed, just some reheating.

Love to all of you,

P and J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...