Thursday, December 14, 2017

It Snowed!

12/14/2017

Last night, we had, I guess you could say our first snow of the season.  It's true that what stuff fell from the sky, but once it hit the ground, it was just a dusting.  But, I enjoyed seeing some snow on the ground.  I don't necessarily want "foots" of snow, but wouldn't it be nice to have a white Christmas?  It should always snow on a weekend or holiday, so that people don't have to shovel themselves out in a hurry to get to work.

When I was working, and particularly when the boys were in school, Jeff and I had to get up very early to see if" (a) the schools were delayed or closed, and this is a working parents' nightmare; and (b) did the powers that be, delay or close the office.  Luckily, all of that is behind me now, and since I can't drive at the moment, don't worry about getting to and fro for a doctor's appointment.  It's all good.

I spent a lot of time wrapping, okay to call what I did with boxes and bags as wrapping, is an understatement.  I did "secure" said boxes and bags with paper and in some cases used packing tape to secure the odd padded envelope.  Don't look to me for ribbons and bows, that's just not going to happen.  Oh, I do occasionally put curly ribbon on a gift, and then curl the ends with scissors, but that's about as adventuresome as I get.  The men in my life, don't want or need to have their packages decorated. It's not like they get all excited when they see those dreaded "shirt" boxes!  But, after all, what are you supposed to buy for adult sons?  Luckily, I still had some original gift giving thoughts for all the men.  And, buying for Stacey, Wendy and Elly was a dream for me.  Buying for "pink" people was just so much fun.

Tomorrow night, Stacey has organized a birthday dinner for me with her, Andrew, Benjamin, Scott and Wendy and perhaps Elly.  I can't adequately describe how much I appreciate Stacey organizing a special dinner for me.  I got to pick out the restaurant, and I picked one that serves steaks (yum).  After that, I was taken out of the equation.  My job is just to show up.  How much fun is that?  I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to tomorrow night.

I have to wrap more presents today.  I "may" have bought too many presents, but for me, finding the right gift for the right person, is so worth it. Compared to last year's Christmas, which Jeff and I spent alone, this year promises to be much more fun and festive.  We don't own a sleigh, but we'll be putting presents in the trunk, so I think that counts.  And, we'll be traveling over hill and dell to get to Scott's house.

We've got a cold wind blowing through our area.  When I'm sitting in the den, watching another cheesy Hallmark movie, I turn on the fireplace and both of the girls migrate toward the fire.  In fact, Bella will actually put her head on the bricks in front of the fireplace.  Since it's a gas log, I don't have to worry about sparks, etc.

Time for me to get in gear.  Happy Thursday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...