Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Catching Up

9/12/2018

Well, here's some updates on "stuff".  I know that sentence alone peaks your interest in what is to follow!  So, here we go.

Busted Wing:

Saw the bone doctor yesterday, x-rays were taken, and unfortunately my "wing" has not yet healed. I have to wear the sling for another 3-4 weeks.  Argh. I'm supposed to schedule physical therapy in a week. My prior experience with physical therapy, has not made a positive impression on me. The therapist (only one), is working with multiple patients. If, the therapist starts you on an exercise, then they walk away to help somebody else. Last time I had therapy, I wasn't exactly impressed.  I spent a lot of time sitting on the table, waiting for my next exercise. I'm hoping that I will have a better experience this time around.

While we were at the doctor's office, we left Bella in the house. If we just leave Daisy, there's no problem, but Bella is a different kind of dog altogether. The visit wasn't long, but when we got home, it didn't appear that Bella had gotten into anything. That was definitely good news!
  
Hurricane Florence:

Well, as all of you know, our girl Florence is moving ever closer to the North/South Carolinas (not actually sure that's a word, but you get the idea). We used to vacation in September in the Outer Banks, and twice we had to leave early because of an impending hurricane/storm. While, Jeff and I agree that it's not likely our girl Florence will do much damage to our house. But, having said that, we did go and do some shopping yesterday. The boys know that our pantry, fridge and freezer are filled to the top with food. 

What I did notice when we went to Costco, was the amount of bottled water people were buying. Jeff and I take our empty bottles, fill them up at the sink, and put them in the fridge. Because our water is so good here, we don't need to buy bottled water.  We took Bella with us, of course, and she was once again absolutely perfect. At the register, Jeff told her to sit and stay - and she did. When she's wearing her vest, I believe that she knows she's working.

I had made a short list of things to buy at WalMart, so we breezed through the store. We believe, and maybe it's just us, but we don't want to run short of toilet paper, milk and eggs. Happy to report, that we're all stocked up. Actually, if the storm becomes more of a problem, we're only expecting rain, Jeff and I could feed Andrew and Scott et al. Some times I'm a bit embarrassed when someone opens up the pantry door! 

We have a weekly test on the generator, so "Jenny" will be ready to go, if we need her. Since buying "Jenny", we have only lost power for a few minutes. Perhaps, the purchase of a whole house generator is good for the neighborhood! 

Fireplace:

Last year, we waited until the weather turned cold, and in doing so, it was several weeks before the technician could come out. But, have no fear, "Girl Scout Patti) was aware that if we had the fireplace serviced in the summer, there was a discount (small).  I called for an appointment, and the technician came out the next day.  

Presents:

Okay, don't hate me, but I have already bought three Christmas presents. I see no reason to not buy a present, if you see something and it would make a good gift. 

Bachelor in Paradise television show. I watched the finale last night, and out of all the people that were originally on the beach, only three couples made it to the end. There was two proposals, and that made everyone in the audience go "ah". One couple, that had been very close through the season (I guess I can call it that), when the woman came on to the stage, and she professed how much she loved her partner.  

Shocker, when he sat down beside her, he told her that he wasn't feeling "it", and that he didn't see a future with her.  You can imagine, that the tears came and she walked off the stage. I couldn't help but feel that he could have probably told her before the finale. After he spoke, the entire population watching the show, were devastated. I know I was. I feel bad for this young woman, who was sure that he would propose, and then he didn't. 

Now that the Bachelor is over, I'll have to find some other show to take it's place. If you know me, and most of you do, you also know that finding something new to watch, won't be much of a problem for me.

Well, that's all the news that's fit for publication. Ada is coming today to clean, so you know that I, and all other women, do some amount of cleaning before hand!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...