Saturday, September 29, 2018

Windows Are Open!

9/29/2018

Big news. The weather is so nice today, that we have, for the moment opened up some windows. Having the windows open, will allow fresh air to come into the house. Once summer begins, we pretty much use the a/c. I hate being hot, and oh wait, I also hate being cold.  So, basically I'm a 50/50 kind of girl, which means that at any given time, I can be unhappy about the temperature. A diva for sure. (insert smiley face here)!

Yesterday, was basically a do nothing kind of day. It was also a stay in your pajamas kind of day. Putting and taking off shirts and blouses, really causes my left arm to ache. So you can see how justified I am, in dressing as seldom as possible. But, today, I have a very bad case of "bed hair", so a shower and getting dressed is very much in order. I can only be in slug mode, for a day, and sometimes I can stretch it to two days, but that's absolutely my limit. 

Jeff made sausage and white gravy for his breakfast today. We've pushed the bowl, with the remainder of the gravy, far, far away from Bella's reach. At least we think so. Since I don't believe, for a minute, that Bella won't try to "steal" food from the counter. The last time that Jeff made gravy, Bella enjoyed the leftovers very much. Today, because I can't really trust her, I have put up a gate that won't allow her in the kitchen. Once I'm back downstairs, I'll take the gate down. Counter surfing, oh and taking things, like shoes, is her worst trait. Daisy, on the other hand, has really only one bad habit - where she should go potty. Still prefers the basement, and heaven knows we have scrubbed that floor over and over again. Obviously, keeping the basement door closed for several hours, and then following her outside, is probably the only way we'll have success with her. My problem is that I really don't like going down stairs. For some reason, I have a fear of falling. An irrational fear I know, but a fear nonetheless.

Today, would be a most excellent day to take the convertible out and wander around.  Destination? Who cares. It's rained so much lately, that a day in the sunshine would be good for all of us.

Just ordered a dog harness for Daisy. When you put a leash on her, she is able to slip out of her collar, and have a "run about".  While, I know she enjoys these outings, I have a fear of her being hit by a car, especially if she runs around in the dark, because she is prominently a black dog.

I promised myself that I had to be "put together" by noon, or I would turn into an old hag. Time is marching on, so I'd better run upstairs.

Happy Saturday.

P
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...