Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A Rare Sighting - The Sun!

9/26/2018

After several days of gray and gloomy weather, Mr. Sun decided to make an appearance today. And, I'm really glad. As we make our way to fall and then winter, my mood begins to shift. And, unfortunately not for the better.  It's been this way for years, I suffer from "Seasonal Affective Disorder" or as it's better known - "SAD".

I will try and take myself outside today, and with the use of the rollator and one good arm, make some loops around the circle, in front of the house. This small form of exercise will be good for both my body as well as my mood.

I am for perhaps the first time in my adult life, are reading and watching the current news. There's so much happening right now, how could I not?

Received my 2019 Medicare handbook. The government has now made some changes to coverage for prescriptions. And, this is very good news. Medicare is doing away with the horrible "donut hole". With all of the medicines I take, it doesn't take long for us to be in that hole. With the new budget, requiring some drug companies to bear more of the cost when an individual (meaning me), Individuals (me) will only pay 25% for brand name prescriptions. So, in 2019 some drug companies will have to pay 70% of the cost of drugs. 

Oh, there is more good news for next year. I'm getting a "raise" (my monthly pay, if you will). The raise won't be staggering, but every little penny, is helpful to retirees. I'm looking forward to this.

Now, I know that for all of you, that are not near retirement age, all of the above doesn't matter to you. So, I apologize for devoting most of this blog to "old people" news!

I've been doing my arm exercises, and after I've done them, my arm really begins to hurt. But, I'm trying to avoid the dreaded frozen shoulder. Therapy tomorrow and a follow-up with the bone doctor next week. I'm hoping that I'll be given good news.  I'm really tired of wearing that stupid sling, which makes doing pretty much anything very difficult. 

I'd take Bella with me while I walk, but I have this real fear of falling. Bella is good on the leash, but I'm still not ready to walk with her.

I hope it's sunny where you are. Happy Hump Day!

P




.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...