Friday, September 28, 2018

Play Date!

9/28/2018

Yesterday, my daughter-in-law, Stacey and her Mother Pat, invited me to go with them to do some shopping.  I was thrilled. I don't get out of the house very much anymore, and I haven't been in an actual MALL in more years than I can remember.

First stop: lunch. We went to a place called "Corner Bakery". I ordered a tuna salad sandwich (that sounds healthy right?), and sliding down to the not so good - chips and a caramel drizzle on top.

While I walked with my rollator, I stopped frequently to peer into the stores. So many stores: several of them selling only bathing bubbles, face scrubs, and any other kind of product made for the skin imaginable. I bought nothing. IF, I had found a hand cream, that had a wonderful smell, I might have bought that.  I sniffed a lot of bottles, and the scent was too strong, or the product was too expensive!

We went to a lingerie store. I asked the clerk if they had any bras in a larger size. Men feel free to not read this paragraph.   😆 Okay, so the sales lady took me back to a fitting room, and it was no deal for me. Apparently, if you are in need of a "over the shoulder boulder holder" bra, a lingerie place is not for you. Disappointed a little, but knew going in, that based on the little "bits" of underwear and bras, I saw, there would be nothing for me. And, I was right.

Peeked inside a few more stores, and I had walked quite a distance, and finally asked Stacey if she would just push me, and she happily did so.

Before heading home, a quick stop at Cold Stone ice cream. You don't want your sugar level to plummet! Fat chance that would happen to me. My favor choice was an ice cream flavor, that had bits of chocolate and caramel mixed in. Delicious. The problem with their ice cream is that it's so rich, you really need to eat only half, and when you get home, stick the remainder in the freezer. I did that, and it was a delightful treat after dinner.

Once I came home, it was time for Jeff to drive me to physical therapy. I hadn't seen this therapist before, but she really, really worked my left arm. We're trying to avoid a frozen shoulder. But, after an hour of therapy, my left arm was in a lot of pain.

Today is a lazy day for me. And, unless later today, Jeff and I decide to take his car out for a spin, with the top down, I see no reason to get out of my pajamas. It's not likely that anybody is going to stop by.

I recorded all of yesterday's events, so that I can watch the parts that I find interesting, and skip all of the talking heads.

So, there was my yesterday in a nutshell.  Have a good Friday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...