Thursday, September 13, 2018

It's 11:30 (more or less)

9/13/2018

Well, it's 11:30 in the morning, and people I have already had my first nap! In my defense, and heaven knows I need one, I'm not sleeping very well in my recliner.  What's the difference you ask? I think when I go to "bed", my body. and more importantly, my mind do eventually go to sleep. But, it's just not a restful sleep - I don't know why.

After breakfast this morning, - toast and coffee, which has been my "go to" breakfast as long as I can remember, I put myself back in the recliner. And, I'm sure you already know, but I slept very well for a few hours.  

Daisy has become somewhat of an extension of me. If I'm in my recliner, 99% of the time, she's laying on my lap. When I'm asleep, I hardly notice when she gets up or down. 

Today, I noticed, probably not for the first time, that I'm beginning to have "crepey" (and that's the correct spelling I believe), skin. So, in addition to having "old" spots appear on my arms and hands, I have what I will call old lady skin!  I suppose there is some kind of procedure for the spots, but I'm sure it's expensive. Oh, and I know that Medicare wouldn't pay for a "vanity" procedure! 

Lately, I've been in Jeff's car with the top down, and believe it or not got myself a tan! And, now the tan is peeling off, all of this from just riding in a car with the top down! Jeff now shaves his head, and he always wears a hat while he's driving. 

Jeff and I are working our way down to our anniversary.  It's kind of sad, when you can't actually remember how many years you've been married. But, I used a calculator, and this anniversary will be our 44th one! We haven't started our "contract" negotiations yet, which is just "re-upping" for another year. And, I generally want to have a steak dinner as our celebration.

Okay, I went on Google, to check and see what gem is associated with the 44th anniversary. Apparently, it's turquoise.  Google also says that the 44th anniversary is called a gourmet or grocery anniversary, and is definitely symbolized by food. See - back to steak again! How did I know this? Just smart I guess. Everybody knows that with age, comes wisdom. Of course, the older you get, the less likely you'll remember all those "pearls" of wisdom!

I'd love to stick around and continue to chat, but even people with a busted wing, has some chores that need doing.

P

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...