Sunday, September 30, 2018

Them and Us

9/30/2018

All of you know that there are basically two categories of people: them, who are rich, uber rich, or richer than Midas. And that leaves the rest of the people (us). People who make a decent wage, have one/two cars, live in nice neighborhoods, etc.

Jeff and I are one of the "us" people. We own a home in a very nice neighborhood, two pets and two cars. Alas, we don't have a white picket fence, but you get the idea.

The Hammacher Schlemmer catalog arrived yesterday. While I'm 99.5% positive that there's nothing in the catalog, that I can afford and/or need. But, still I look. The Robocall Blocker costs $79.95, and that would certainly be a nice device to have. I do get tired of listening to people trying to sell me something; ask me to volunteer my time, etc.  

An indestructible stainless steel hose, which would be very nice - $99.95.  For that price, you could buy multiple hoses, when their lifespan is finished.

A pumpkin light sculpture for $149.95. This is one of those products, really only good for October. And, then is packed up carefully and put away until next year.

Oh, also an LED Lip Rejuvenator, that rejuvenate lips (is that a thing?), and diminish wrinkles around your mouth. 

A 25 pair shoe turn tower, a one acre backyard mosquito trap (now that sounds useful), reader's rotating end table (I would like that), heated and massaging stadium seat, an easy access recliner side table (I would really like that). But, my favorite thing in the catalog is the world's largest illuminated peg mural - cost $15,500.00. You can, of course, buy a small mural for only $10,000.00! Anybody who can afford to pay that much for something that will probably in time, get used less and less, has a LOT of money. At least, that's what I think.

There are a number of things in that catalog that would make me personally happy, or make great gifts for someone in the family. While I have only bought 4 presents for Christmas, I do have a list of things that I want to consider buying. You know me, all gifts bought before the middle of November, hopefully.  And, perhaps I can get help in wrapping, which is chore that I hate almost as much as unloading the dishwasher!

The morning is slipping away, so I'd better get my body in motion.

Happy Sunday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...