Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Arm

9/11/2018

I see the bone doctor today, and I'm hoping that my arm has mended, at least a little bit. I'm tired of wearing the sling, it just makes doing chores difficult.  Not to mention getting dressed. 

Unfortunately, I am not pain free, but based on where I was three weeks ago, feel good about my progress. Here's hoping that the doctor will feel the same way.

This afternoon, the repair man is coming out to service our gas fireplace. Last year, I waited until the temperature was low enough that we needed the fireplace.  We waited for weeks to have someone come out. This year, "Efficient Patti", got right on this chore.  I'm so proud of me.

Today, while we are at the doctor's office, we are going to let Bella stay home, and we'll keep our fingers crossed, that the damage, if any, is small. 

When we go shopping this afternoon, Bella will go with us. Based on Hurricane Florence, which will make landfall sometime soon, it's possible that the trifecta of products: toilet paper, milk and ice cream, will be in short supply. Everybody, always laughs when they look at our pantry, which is well and truly stocked, and our toilet paper and ice cream stash is under control too. There are a few things that we need, but nothing that will have an extreme effect on us, if there aren't any of the canned foods, and salad that we are hoping to buy today.

As I write this just now, a doe came into our yard, and went to the box woods, in front of our porch, and was having breakfast.  Her fawns were not with her, but I'm sure they're close to her. Having a deer in your front yard, is a wonderful thing to see. Oh, if only had a real camera!

Time to go and get dressed, and I guess I'll wear my sling, because that's what I'm supposed to be doing. Truth be told, I'm a terrible patient, and went all day yesterday without the sling until bedtime. Pain? Hmm, a bit, but nowhere as painful as my arm was three weeks ago.  Wish me luck!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...