Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday Again

9/14/2018

It's Friday morning and I honestly don't know where the week went. This blog, like yesterday's, is late. I'm not sleeping too well in the recliner, but after breakfast, have a restful snooze.  Maybe, I'm just hungry during the night!😋

I wish I had big plans for today, unfortunately I don't. I'm pretty sure that laundry and cleaning the kitchen are not "woohoo" (sp perhaps?) events that would make somebody jump up and get super excited.  Those two chores are never ending. You put clothes in the washer and dryer, fold them (maybe), and put them away - again another maybe!

The kitchen would stay clean if Jeff and I wouldn't eat ever again.  Okay, that's impossible, so I'm on clean up duty. Very boring and I receive little satisfaction from doing so.

Hurricane Florence is making a name for herself, particularly in the Carolina's. We used to vacation in September in the Outer Banks, and in doing so, always knew that the weather was a gamble. We had to leave the Outer Banks at least one time that I can recall. Before you can go, you have to "clean" up the house, load up the remaining groceries, and get everyone, including the dog, into the car. After all of that, get to the rental office to turn in the key. Then, you can get on the road, keeping your fingers crossed that traffic might be "light". 

Jeff and I have luck, but it's mostly the bad kind. We're the couple that buy lottery tickets, and can't even win back the cost of the ticket. A couple of years ago, there was a plane (yes, actually a real plane) event in the Bahamas.  Jeff and I flew down, and the hotel we stayed at was fantastic. A beautiful beach, great food, and fun. However, that bit of paradise was cut short due to an incoming storm. Little planes don't or shouldn't fly if there is lightening in the sky. The pilots got together to weigh their options - go or stay. Jeff opted for us to leave the island early. I can't remember, but I'm sure it was the right decision.

Checking the current weather, looks like we're going to get rain today through part of next week. We can deal with rain, though it does turn our backyard into a mini lake. Luckily, thanks to our yard people, the backyard is now covered with some grass, and a whole lot of weeds.  But that's much better than having muddy spots, I think.

I hope that none of my readers are in harm's way of the hurricane.

Happy Friday.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...