Sunday, December 30, 2018

Almost a New Year

12/20/2018

It's the day before the day, which then makes it's mark as 2019. Did you follow my crazy logic? If you know me well, this is just how I think of things.

Most of our tv shows are on winter break. Oh no! This means that Jeff and I might have to talk to one another this week. I'm assuming that our shows will begin to return next week.

It's super sunny outside, with little or no wind. Obviously, this means a top down in the car. Jeff will go do his weekly errands. I'll stay home with Daisy. Poor Daisy she never gets to go anywhere.

I bought new reflective leashes for the girls as a Christmas present. I didn't buy the longer leash (6 foot), but the leashes that I bought (4 foot) are really very nice. The cost of returning these leashes doesn't make much sense, because the refund would be small.

Jeff made tapioca (always told the boys it was fish eggs - not very nice of us) pudding last night, and it was yummy.  He also made 5 bean with ham soup. That was yummy as well. Since I'm not the cook, then clean-up is my job. I know that somebody has to do it, so it might as well be me. 

I might take my rollator out today and walk a few loops around the circle. We live at the top of a hill. I could certainly walk down the hill, but coming back up might be a real challenge for me. Maybe Jeff could pick me up at the bottom of the hill in his car. Then, I would have two choices: continue walking on the flat surface of the road; and/or have Jeff "push" me back home. 

I've decided (note: Jeff's opinion hasn't been heard), that 2019 is going to be a year of changes to the house. I'm going to become my most assertive self (and that might be a stretch) to freshen up the house. I'm going to replace my office carpet, upstairs hallway and the stairs with laminate flooring. They make very inexpensive laminate, which is all I need in my office. And, then they also sell waterproof laminate. I think I will, for obvious reasons, put the waterproof flooring upstairs. I have Stanley Steemer on speed dial, but no matter how many times I've had the hallway cleaned, within a matter of days, Daisy is up to her old tricks. And, frankly Scarlett, I'm so over this.

Next project is to put blinds in the front of the house windows. I have curtains that are 32 years old, as well as sheers with dog prints on the bottom. Oh, and replace the very old mini-blinds in the den with new blinds. These ambitious jobs, will or could put Jeff into a tail spin. But, I think it's about time to shake things up a bit. We can do all of this in stages. First the floors - super, duper important to me. And, then blinds. I know that Rome wasn't built in a day, and changes to the house can't all be as simple as writing a check.

Oh, I propose that the above projects will be a part of the 2019 resolution. And, of course, the first and foremost resolution is always: (1) lose weight, and (2) get in shape. Everyone has good intentions, but the follow through isn't too good. You buy a gym membership with a determination to go every day, then it's every other day, and soon it becomes only on the weekends. After that, you are literally paying money for something you don't or won't do.

For 2019, I have no desire to buy a gym membership. I don't think I could stand "working out", if that's what my efforts would be, in front of all these lean and fit bodies. My body is far from being lean and/or fit.

Happy Sunday.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...