Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December

12/11/2018

Let's start off with the obvious. Shoppers there are only 14 days until Christmas. If you are going to order presents, it's definitely time to do so. I still have one or two presents yet to arrive, but I'm expecting them any day now!

I know I'm not going to get any sympathy, since I don't "work" and all, but am feeling a bit daunted when I think of the things that need doing. I need to wrap (double blah), tear down boxes in the "formal" living room (another blah), check off the have received or not received on my Excel spreadsheet. If I only bought just a couple of presents for everyone, then a spreadsheet would not be needed! Alas, Visa appreciates the fact that I have so many ideas, for so many people, I have difficulty pronouncing "I'm done". Actually, I have said that a number of times, and then I see and/or think of just one more thing! I can't help myself. Other than buying Benjamin and now Elly birthday presents, the adults in my life, no longer get birthday presents. So, you can see how my rationale for perhaps going a "TEENY" bit overboard. Shopping does make feel good, unfortunately. Since I don't get out to stores much anymore, I have a passion for on-line shopping. I love the "hunt", and think I'm actually pretty good at it. I used to ask for Christmas lists from all of the adults, and I no longer do that, I go rogue! Shopping for Benjamin and Elly is quite easy, and I'm loving shopping for a little girl! Girls and women pretty much love EVERYTHING

Tree trimmers came yesterday, to cut off the dead branches from our two oak trees. They'll be back in the spring for the next step(s) to try and save these two trees. Fingers crossed that the trees can be saved. To replace the tree in the front yard, 32 years old and now super duper big, will cost a small fortune to replace. There are no acorns or squirrels around the house this year. I do like the lack of acorns, because if you step on one of those, it's painful.

I told you (I think) that Jeff bought one of those insta-pots (sp) over the weekend. He has used it two times so far, with much success. Now, however, my counter space seems a little crowded to the OCD portion of my brain. I have the pot, toaster, coffee maker, hot water pot, dog treats, dog kibble and fake sugar all on the counters. It's truly more than I can bear. So, in between being Mama Claus, I have to figure out a way to rein in the chaos in the kitchen, or lose my mind!

After I get certain parts of the house "under control" (more or less), I have Christmas cards to send, the aforementioned presents to wrap, and one day, in Jeff's "spare" time, some clothes that need to be altered. All of my alterations, are for shorter sleeves, pants, etc. I don't know who models for these catalogs, but they definitely aren't using a plus-size petite woman!

Lovely to chat, but time is ticking away.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...