Saturday, December 22, 2018

Post Friday

12/22/2018

Yesterday, Stacey and Wendy came to visit me. They brought me a present, took me to lunch and then ran a few errands with me.  I am truly blessed for having these two women in my life. They brought me a bracelet adorned with an acorn as well as two other charms, the inscription I'm not able to read right now.

Lunch was pizza, and the three of us had a very good time. They took me to a UPS store so that I could return two items. Finally, off to CVS, so that I could buy a few specialty cards, and pick up a pair of reading glasses. These glasses aren't perfect for my vision but I can read small print much easier. 

When Wendy left, we loaded up her car with some presents. My "I'm only going to buy each of you 2 presents" announcement last year, has somehow gone by the wayside!

Stacey and I also went to Michael's store, which by the way, was marking down a lot of their Christmas merchandise. Some things were discounted by 70% and that's a bargain, if you don't mind and/or will remember where you put that stupid paper when Christmas rolls around again.

Stacey, who is so good to me, stayed into the evening, and wrapped presents. Everything Stacey wraps is beautiful. I feel bad that Stacey and Wendy's gifts will have to be wrapped by me! Though while at CVS, I picked up one of those bundled together "decorated" boxes. I will likely buy some of their gifts inside the boxes, tape them shut and write the to/from in magic marker! Not pretty I know, but absolutely gets the job done.

While Stacey was doing her Christmas cards, I worked on mine. I'm actually not sending out too many cards this year, and I feel like I have to apologize in every card for my now shaky handwriting. I used to have beautiful handwriting, but not anymore. 

I "suppose" (actually know that I have) bought a lot of presents. My problem is that just when I think I'm about done, another something pops up in my mind! Some families when they are shopping for presents, use a set dollar item for, let's say, each child or grown-ups. I have never subscribed to that notion. Okay, let's say I give "x" a present that is really expensive, and perhaps one other smaller gift. So, this person only has two things to open, while one of the other "children and men" have multiple packages to open. I want for each family member to more or less, have pretty much the same number of presents. Some family members have to be "pushed" into opening their gifts. This is maddening to me. Admittedly, I'm not expecting the adults to tear open their presents, like they did when they were young, but as we basically go through the room giving said person time to open up their presents, so that we can "oh ah" over whatever they have received. All of this, of course, takes time.My rationale, and heaven knows I need one, is that with the exception of Benjamin and Elly, I don't buy presents any other time of the year. So there is one BIG push at the end of the year, and then I'm over the shopping/buying gifts. When I have everything wrapped, then I will begin to dismantle all of the cardboard boxes that are littered on the living room floor!

Time to close. The kitchen needs "doing" today, and then I'll finish up my cards and start wrapping.

Have a good Saturday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...