Friday, December 28, 2018

Stuff

12/28/2018

Soon, there will be dried out Christmas trees in the yard, ready for pick-up. I, too felt like it was time to put the tree away. Notice I said, "put", rather than "out". All I had to do was fold up my little Christmas tree, and stuff it back in it's box and put it in the basement for another year;

I am fully aware that houses that aren't really decked out, is a little like Scrooge himself. I don't know how it happened, but over the course of years, I have simply lost my mo-jo. We don't have young children anymore, and we don't do much entertaining now. Actually, that's not exactly the truth, the truth is that we seldom entertain now. I don't know why, but that's just the way it is.

Now that Stacey and Wendy (who will become a part of our family in the future), I have retired my role as matriarch (I still am, of course) to Stacey and Wendy. After 40 plus years at the helm, I'm ready to turn the reins over. Um, part of that is not exactly true. While I'm now playing a "minor" role, in the big picture, my responsibilities have become less. And, again in the big picture that's a good thing, and definitely how it should be. Yet, there is a part of me that is a bit sad.Perhaps some of you women can understand this feeling.

Ada came yesterday, and for the first time in at least a month, was able to dust and vacuum the living room. My office? Not so much. I still have the odd bits of paper that needs filing, receipts, etc., that "decorate" the floor! My mission is clear. This time next week, my office will be ready to be cleaned. I can only stand clutter for a bit of time, thanks to my OCD. 

Yesterday, I managed to get all unwanted clothes (too big, wrong color, etc.) stuffed into boxes. All Jeff has to do, among all the other things he does, is take them to the UPS store and drop them off.

The weather outside is terrible. It's not cold, but has been raining and perhaps will do so until this afternoon. There is one good thing about rain--I know if the girls have been outside. If they have, then their paws are wet. Daisy's are seldom wet, meaning that she hasn't ventured out the doggy door. This is a shock, for anybody who has a dog that is reluctant to go outside, when the weather conditions (rain, in particular). Daisy's saving grace is that she is the most loving dog we've ever had.

My daily goal is to be showered and dressed before noon, is now almost in jeopardy. Tlk to you later.

P

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...