Thursday, December 27, 2018

Busy Day

12/27/2018

Yesterday, I went into the living room, and I know a lot of people do that, but my mission was to collect up the boxes, and flatten them. Mission accomplished! I hesitate to toss out the boxes just yet, because Jeff hasn't tried on the shirts that I bought him. It seems likely, that his shirts won't 
fit - too big.

I boxed up several things that need to go back to Amazon - too small - too big - wrong color, etc. Our next outing out will be to the UPS store, to ship off the boxes.

When Ada comes to clean today, she will be able to clean the living room. It's now possible to get through because the floor is not littered with boxes. Progress is being made. I'll keep her out of my office for another week, because I haven't made much progress in cleaning up! Sad, but true.

Next week, I want to take down several things to the alternation lady. Again, I wonder where these petite plus women are, and just how long are their arms. The things that need altering, is several tops and/or jacket that I want the sleeves to be shortened. I know I go beyond the fashion statement of having my pants too long (just something else for me to trip over) and the sleeves of my tops to fit at wrist level. This woman knows me on sight, and always knows that whatever I bring in, is to shorten something(s). I absolutely hate having to roll up my shirts and/or jackets. 

Another mission, possibly, is to head to the UPS store and drop off all the packaged and labeled boxes. I've put all the wrapping paper, etc., into it's box, and will get Jeff to take down that box and put it into the basement for another year. 

I will write (type because my handwriting is so bad), my "bread and butter" notes to Scott et al, and Andrew et al. Because I know you're all dying to know (probably not), the tradition of such notes has been around since the 1800's. That's a long time. And, like the thank you notes I sent out after our wedding, I do the notes in a timely manner. Not particularly, OCD I swear, but if I don't get my notes out, it tends to niggle on my brain. We all know that I can hardly afford to have anything else rummaging around in my head.

When the boys were still here at home, I made them send out thank you notes after receiving a gift. If they were not inclined to do so, then I told them they could write the giver, a thank you note something like this: "I don't want to have to write thank you notes, so please don't send anything to me in the future". That was a good incentive to get the boys writing!

I still have a few things (Jeff's presents actually), to go through to see what fits or not. Important things like that. Once I'm confident that everything that has to be returned is finished, then I'll take the unused boxes to be recycled.  If you spend Christmas at somebody else's house, then you don't have to deal with boxes and paper. And, there was a lot of both.

That's all I have for today. Enjoy possibly your day off. More tomorrow!

P






Christmas is often when people decide they want to get rid of excess clutter in their homes, and if you're ready make sure to do the #Declutter365 missions to accomplish your goal! {on Home Storage Solutions 101}



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...