Monday, December 31, 2018

Typing 2019

12/31/2018

Today, is the last day that I, as well as you, will type the year 2018. Starting tomorrow, my fingers will really have to concentrate to type 2019. It's an adjustment much like resetting the clocks twice a year. Once in a rut, always in a rut. Or, more likely set in my ways,(ya think) and not ready to make a change. We do tend to get a bit crotchety in our old age. And, perhaps we get that way, because we're getting older, and things don't work as well as they used to!

It's gray and gloomy outside today. Not exactly, the best weather for a person who needs sunshine to keep upbeat. It's just something I have to just accept.

I have been stacking boxes since Christmas, to make sure that everything that needs returning, has a box big/small enough to get the item inside. I now only have two packages being sent back to Amazon this week. Once that is done, I'm going to break down the boxes and put them out for recycling. I'll have Jeff take down the wrapping paper box, as well as our tiny Christmas tree into the basement for another year. Truthfully, with the boys gone, and Christmas dinners being held in one of the boys' houses, there seems to be very little interest on my part to decorate. You get everything down, and a month later, you put it all back. I know, I know - ba-humbug.  


Also this week, a trip to the alteration lady to make everything I bought - shorter. She'll recognize me on sight, because she's been making my clothes shorter for years. Probably a bit on the pricey side, but I hate having to roll up sleeves on everything I own. I would still like to know where these manufacturers get a petite woman, to model their clothes.

I was given several books for Christmas. They are in a normal size font. No worries. My reading glasses and a magnifying glass, and I can enjoy the books. "Santa" knows how much I love to read! All my life, reading has been somewhat of a curse (if you will). As a teenager, with my nose always in a book, I sometimes (okay most times) never heard my Mother call me to do something. As an adult, I can pretty much tune out my surroundings.

No plans for tonight. We might stay until midnight, and then again we might not. If the neighbors have a party, then the slamming of car doors after midnight, will put the girls on high alert. Maybe, it would be better tonight, to close the bedroom door - just a thought.

Oh, product review - glasses and cups made by Stone & Mill, are all double insulated. The coffee stays hot longer, but the outside of the cup doesn't. I love this product very much and highly recommend them.

Well, my friends, I'm off to the "races" (laundry room and kitchen) to get my chores done, so that I can get back to my recliner and read!

See you next year.


Two Flute Glasses of Champagne 


P







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...