Friday, December 21, 2018

Ho Ho Ho

12/21/2018

Truth be told, I'm actually a bit disappointed in myself this year. I feel like I'm underwater and down so deep, that I can't get to the top! This, of course, has never happened to me before. I guess you could say that I'm basically "in the weeds".

I wrapped a few of Benjamin's presents yesterday, and there will be no doubt as to who wrapped them. I don't particularly measure out my paper, so several of his gifts, have an "extra strip" of paper taped in between the two sides! As a guy, Benjamin, like the boys, only care about what's inside. They don't need ribbons or bows or even high end wrapping paper. All of those things are actually lost on them. And, from my standpoint, that's a good thing.

Retailers are, or are close to, winding down the Christmas season. I don't expect to see bathing suits out yet, but it won't be long. Now, the day after Christmas, a lot of people head to the stores to stock up on the essentials: wrapping paper, ribbons and bows. I won't be one of those individuals. I know the bargains are great, but you do, after all, store these things. And, with my short circuited brain, I'll never remember where I put those things. Just saying.

Stacey and Benjamin are supposed to come and visit me today. Benjamin will be very happy to watch television, while Stacey and I run a few errands. I need to return some things at Michael's, Go to CVS or similar store, to buy a few specialty cards for my sister, brother and two of my closest friends. 

My handwriting is so bad now (sort of on the shaking side), that Jeff was kind enough to print address labels for me. I still have to, write a note  for each card. Or, perhaps I'll just write one letter, and then edit it for each individual. That actuality makes more sense. 

While my vision has definitely improved, I am now very light sensitive. Could not being able to see well for a very long time, have something to do with that? Likely, that's the case.

I have several things that I would like/need to be altered, but have decided to wait until January to take the clothes to the store. The fault in each piece of clothing is length. I don't know where they get their models from, my the sleeve and pant lengths are ridiculous.  I've gone to this alteration lady so much, that she recognizes me on sight, and always know that whatever I bring in, needs to be shortened. At least I don't have the dilemma that tall people have. If their clothes don't fit in length, it's not exactly feasible or perhaps even possible, to add extra fabric. I also have an aversion to clothes that are too long, i.e., cover the old caboose. Nobody, and for sure not me, wants to see my body poured into a top that is so long that it encompasses one of my beauty faults. Oh, to be sure, I have other faults, but clothes that are too long in length is just maddening to me.

The house is in complete chaos. In the living room, I have strewn (don't you love that word?) empty boxes. Until every gift is wrapped, the boxes stay. One end of the sofa are the boys and Jeff's presents - cardboard boxes secured by packing tape, and the to/from written in magic marker. It always works for them, and it saves me from struggling to get the amount of paper, which shouldn't be hard, but it is for me.

On-line orders may or may not arrive before Christmas. Oh, for sure, you can order expedited shipping, but you'll definitely have to pay for that!

It might be fun to go to a mall, where there are real stores, and with the help of my rollator "walk" around. On-line shopping is handy, but you can't get the feel of some of the things you buy. Plus, as an added bonus, I could sit on my "chair" and watch the crowds go by. That'd be fun for me, shoppers not so much.

P

  Image result for picture of count down to Christmas







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...