Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thursday

12/6/2018

Not much happening today. House was cleaned yesterday, but I know that I/we can muss up a house in just a few hours - unfortunately!

I think today I will "attempt"to wrap presents. Since I'm wrapping challenged, there will no ribbons or bows. And gifts for the men, it might just be a cardboard box "adorned" with packing tape! This has been my go to wrapping for many, many years, and nobody has seemed to mind. I try harder to produce better looking gifts for the girls, but my attempts are generally pitiful. Hunting and buying gifts is my thing, wrapping not so much.

My Christmas list that I have given to Jeff, is quite simple really. An iphone (older and cheaper) model is okay. I had only 3 things on this list, and I can only remember 2 of them (new blinds for the french doors in the den. The rest of my "presents" have been bought by me. In fact, I'm wearing my new fleece-lined slippers today! I'll be limited by surprises on Christmas Day, but I'm okay with that. At my age, I actually don't need much of anything, but, like most women, want things. Those things don't have to be expensive or even useful. It's the opening of the presents and ooh and awe over everything you receive.

Yesterday, another present for me arrived. It is a beautiful "quilted" blue jean jacket with a tan collar and part of the sleeves. It's beautiful. However, the seller washed this jacket in some kind of "smelly" (i.e., fragrance), that I just can't have in the house. For now, it's on the front porch airing out. Jeff and I don't do scents in the house, other than the smell of cleanliness after Ada has been at the house.

The sun is out today and would me a great day to have the top down. Unfortunately, Scott's driving that car while his in the shop for maintenance and/or repairs.

The "girls" have been scarily good recently. Even knowing that, I don't think it's safe to leave Bella in the house. The last time we did, and it was for a very short time, we shut the basement door. This way, if she decided to chew up, and/or steal something, the evidence would be contained in the house. Nobody wants to see the trash can items, strewn all over the backyard!

The countdown is beginning - 19 days to go. If you're going to order something, better get a move on, or pay for expedited shipping. I need to continue to stuff the 4A cards with the 2019 magnet. I can do this while watching a Hallmark movie. If you miss some of their movies, it's easy to catch up.

If you care, today is National Pawnbroker's Day and also Microwave Oven day. I like to keep you all up to date.

P


Image result for picture of christmas treesImage result for picture of christmas treesImage result for picture of christmas treesImage result for picture of christmas treesImage result for picture of christmas treesImage result for picture of christmas treesImage result for picture of christmas trees


 
 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...