Saturday, December 8, 2018

Yesterday

12/8/2018

I had a pre-op visit so that I can have the cataract removed on my right eye. The test results came back - I'm good to go.

Bella went with us, and was flawless as always. She makes such a good impression everywhere we take her. I'm trying to walk with her some, but I have a distinct fear of falling. I know you understand. I am currently sporting bruises on both arms - at least they match!

On our way home, we drove through I guess you could call it the slums of Baltimore. Houses boarded up, grass/weeds as tall as me. Paint peeling, porch rails leaning a bit to one side. Driving through places such as this, gives you a healthy respect for the house you live in.

Went to WalMart for some quick (Jeff doesn't like to browse when we go to a store. But, I love going up and down the aisles, even with that stupid little scooter! I don't leave the house very much, so a trip to any store is a treat for me. Sorry Jeff, but I 
love looking at all the things in the store. It makes me feel good.

Sticking my high protein diet, I am losing weight, and I seldom feel hungry. I do have breakfast, if toast and coffee count. I also do eat something for dinner. The rest of the time, I'm drinking protein water (grape flavored) is the best, at least for me. Some of the cookies I've bought are actually quite good. 

Jeff bought a pressure cooker yesterday. The pressure cookers of today, are nothing like the ones our mothers had. You no longer have that little thing on top, that bobbled and whistled. Perhaps it's my birthday present. At least it's not a vacuum, or a toilet brush!

Today, after cleaning up the kitchen, and heaven knows how it gets so messy, I'm going to undertake wrapping some presents. If I'm wrapping, I at least TRY to get the present covered, and sometimes I fail even at that. Maybe, it's because I love the hunt and buying for the family, but wrapping said items, not so much.

I have a few presents that haven't arrived yet, but I THINK my buying is over. This will make Amazon said, but Jeff happy. (insert smiley face here)!

I've bought a number of things for myself, because I've been told that I'm too hard to buy for. I, of course, disagree - I like lots of things. But some of the things I would like, are not useful or practical. I think this is the way women are wired!

Today, is National Brownie Day, and I can and will do my bit to keep the day alive. Since it's brownie day, I just happen to have some high protein brownies. It's like having your brownie and eating it too!

Only 17 days till Santa comes. Better get your on-line shopping done soon, so that your gifts will arrive on time.

Enjoy your day. I will, it's super sunny outside, but only 22 degrees when I got up.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...