Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Mouse in the House

8/9/2016

I thought (emphasis on the word thought) that mice and I had an understanding.  They could run all over the garage, decorating with their little remains.  BUT, they are NOT, under any circumstances, to come into the house - period.

Yesterday, I spilled something on the pantry floor and started pulling things off the floor.  And, I know you can guess, what I found.  Yup - mouse droppings - a lot of them.  I don't think a mice is living in the pantry, I think the whole damn family has moved in.

As my boys would be happy to tell you, our pantry is filled to the brim with all kinds of goodies.  Once I pulled everything out into the kitchen, I was dismayed to find so much "activity" on the floor.  Jeff has been setting a mouse trap, but the mice(es) get the peanut butter and manage to skitter away.

After seeing the evidence on the pantry floor, I then went into warrior mode and started hauling things off the bottom two shelves.  And, I know you guessed it, I needed to clean up those shelves too.  I found a box of mini ziploc bags and stuffed inside was shredded napkins.  I'm thinking that the mouse is very comfortable living in our pantry, and he's planning on moving the next generation in!  This is unacceptable.  

I examined every bag and box and tossed out a lot of food that had some evidence of being around a mouse.  By the time I had put practically everything on the floor, I was angry - that is angry with a capital A!!!  I appreciate that by having a mouse in the pantry it has forced me to toss out some stale cookies that I had forgotten about, as well as other food items.

My campaign at the moment is to put almost everything in either a plastic, or better even, a glass jar.  I knew that the pantry needed attention, but seriously don't have much time, because I'm chasing after the girls. Who said that retiring was boring?!!

Chances are the mouse has made it all the way to the top of the pantry, which is stocked with all kinds of boxes.  I have to decide when I want to tackle that job.  

So in between cleaning up after a mouse, I have to watch the recycling of papers, etc., that the girls have gotten into. 

The thought of getting a cat, not a kitten, is very strong right about now.  

Tomorrow the a/c man is coming to start removing equipment from the attic.  I'll have to figure out a way to keep the girls contained so that they don't run outside when the front door is open.

P
Image result for picture of mouse in pantry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...