Friday, August 26, 2016

Broken Glasses

8/26/2016

This morning after sitting down with my coffee and bagel, I pulled out my reading glasses to read - what else.  However, there was only a fraction of my reading glasses left!  The girls managed to get one lens out, but I don't know where it is and bent and chewed the frame beyond repair.  The only thing I'm glad about is that they didn't break my regular glasses, because without them I could see nothing.

It's Friday, which means I don't cook dinner.  Normally, it's Taco Bell tacos, but I think Jeff is going to Scott's house after work, so I might find something else to eat.  Frosty Flakes comes to mind. Although they would be better if I had a banana.

Amazon just dropped off my package of dog treats and chews.  So for the moment, the girls are gnawing away on some chew that smells like bacon.  Anything to keep them occupied, so they're not tearing up stuff.

After getting the Amazon package, I'm wondering whatever did we people do before they came into existence?  I mean you can buy anything and have it delivered in a day or two right to your door.  Admittedly, it makes shopping perhaps a "tad" too convenient.  (Insert smile here).  I would love to see the inside of an Amazon warehouse.  I bet it's fascinating, with packages going every which way.

First call this morning is to the optician to get a new pair of lenses ordered.  To save money (a bit anyway), I order paperbacks when they are cheaper than having the book on my Kindle.  With reading glasses and the right light, I can read the small print, at least for a little while.

Next weekend is the biggie.  The last of the three day weekend in the summer and the start of schools.  Jeff leaves early enough that he runs no risk of running into buses in the morning.  Since some parents are probably still or perhaps starting their back-to-school shopping, I'll try and avoid the stores next week.

Have a good weekend.

PImage result for picture of broken glasses




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...