Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sleeping With the Girls!

8/6/2016

Last night, Jeff and I took a chance, a BIG chance, and let the girls sleep in our bed.  We figured what was the worse thing that could happen?  Because they are really babies, I put down a couple of towels in case one of them had to piddle during the night.  The girls were so happy that they weren't locked in the bathroom, and after a bit of jostling around, settled in for the night.  

I generally don't get up in the middle of the night, but if I had to, I would probably have turned on the flashlight to make sure that I didn't step on anything squishy!  Jeff got up with the girls around 7:00, but I slept in.  

While I couldn't summon up the energy to "poo and scoop" yesterday, today I have no choice.  Both of the puppies are very loving and are basically good dogs.  But the teaching them to go outside to do their business is taking some time.  I realize that they are very young dogs (Daisy is 3 months old and Bella is 2 months old) and like potty training a toddler, patience is a virtue!  

Jeff went to Scott's house yesterday after work and today he's out at Andy's house.  Likely, he will be mowing or some other project that Andy has in mind.  I'll be at home, trying to keep the peace between the dogs.  Daisy, the terrier, is the alpha dog at the moment, but Bella (Labrador mix) will soon outweigh Daisy, and then we'll see who ends up really being the alpha dog!

I'm not cooking dinner tonight, so will probably have Frosty Flakes w/banana!  A go to favorite of mine for years.  Perhaps popcorn for dessert!

Enjoy your Saturday.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...