Thursday, August 4, 2016

Birkenstock Sandals

8/4/2016

Chances are if you're of a "certain age", then you are familiar with the "hippy dippy" Birkenstock two strap sandal.  When they first arrive, they're about as comfortable as the shoe box them came in!  Ah, but give it time and the bed of the shoe begins to mold to your foot shape and they become as comfy as slippers.

I own a pair of the hippy dippy sandals and I'm sure I've walked 100,000 miles in them.  There is so much wear on the sole and the cork bed, that I did give in and buy a new pair.  A new pair will easily set you back at least $100.00.  I like the new pair but I love my old ones.

Today, I took my old pair into the shoe hospital.  They won't be getting any cork in until September and he says the repairs will cost at least $85.00.  I'm thinking that I'll just wear my old ones until the sole completely falls off, making them unwearable.  If I'm going to spend $85.00, I might as well add a few more bucks and get another new pair!

So if you own a pair of Birkenstocks, don't let them fall into such disrepair, as I have done.  Fix them sooner rather than later.  My shoes look like those in the picture.  Unfortunately, I do not even remotely look like the young lady.  (Insert smile here)!

P






No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...