Monday, August 1, 2016

Happy First of August!

8/1/2016

Can you believe it's August already?  Since the potty training is taking longer than I thought it would, I'm hoping that by winter, the girls will know what to do outside!

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff made his pilgrimage to Costco and WalMart.  I have two favorite foods: tacos on Friday and pizza on Sunday.  The difference is that on Sunday, I have to fix something for Jeff's lunch on Monday.  While he was shopping, I was making one of my one pot wonders with hamburger, green chilies, Rotel hot chilies and tomatoes, rice, mixed vegetables and sour cream.  Came out fine.  And in between yelling "fooey", "fooey" at the girls, managed to change the sheets on the bed.  Since my main goal every day now is to manage the girls and what they're getting into, I thought doing some laundry should earn me a bonus point.

I had a little pillow (emphasis on the word had) that I used in my chair.  Somehow the girls managed to nab it and when I walked into the den, there was white stuff everywhere.  I thought perhaps it was salt or sugar, but I tasted it, and it was definitely not a food item.  I vacuumed up all the little beads, but have no idea where the actual pillow cover is.  Perhaps they buried the evidence!

Tomorrow I'm taking the girls to the vet for their next shots and a microchip for Bella.  I have bought a brace which should make it easier (I'm hoping) to take them both in at the same time.  Stay tuned for an update.  

Wednesday, Sears is coming out again to work on my microwave again.  I don't know at what point the repairman is going to say that he can't or doesn't know how to fix the microwave.  In the meantime, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new parts that have arrived, will be just what he needs to fix the microwave.  If the microwave isn't fixable, then I, but not Jeff, is prepared to buy a new oven/microwave unit.  The unit we have now was bought in 2007.

Today's puppy mess came from a piece of cardboard.  They had a wonderful time tearing it to pieces and it now decorates the living room floor.  I may or may not try and pick up the bits and pieces today.  At the moment, after tearing through the yard and house, everybody but yours truly is down for a nap.  It's peaceful for the moment in the house!

P


Image result for picture of puppy ripping up cardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...